My garden is doing well, and I expect my tomatoes will ramp up a bit without the blistering heat. My basil is going great guns! I will let one of the plants go to seed, and keep using the others for village salad (tomatoes, cucumbers, bell peppers, red onion, chopped fresh basil, dried oregano, a bit of fresh ground pepper, a drizzle of olive oil and a nice chunk or two of feta.
Regarding the mice: I have not had one for 4 days running! Either they have found other accomodations or there's a lull in the number that are making nests between the fences. I do not doubt there will be more. I do have two pests right now as I have hornworms eating at the tender vegetation of my tomato plants. One night I found 5, and I had 3 a couple of nights ago. Seeing the small branches without leaves is a dead giveaway. They aren't as easy to find, unless you go out at dusk and use a uv flashlight to spot them. They glow a light blue under the uv light.
We've also had a lot of mosquitoes (apparently they are living in the grass) and my ankles were hit many times the first time I went out without repellent. What a challenging year!
Tomorrow I pick up the second batch of peaches, so my weekend will be quite busy canning. So today I'm chilling in hopes to have lots of energy to get me through the day! I'll be canning slices and making some peach jam too.
Have a great weekend, and may your weather be fabulous!
Love, 365


No comments:
Post a Comment