September 18, 2026

Surprise, surprise!...............

The yiayia I discussed in my last post surprised me today ~ she proclaimed that my tsoureki was as good as hers.  I was truly honored.  It sounds like I will be making the tsoureki on my own for most of the time, unless she feels well enough to come.  She has been making the tsoureki for the past 50 years ~ as long as we have had a Greek Festival at St George.  I guess she wanted to make sure she was handing it over to someone who could carry on with it.   

The funny thing is that I am no spring chicken.  I will be going through the same thing in the future, looking for someone to take it over.  We now have around 250 loaves to sell at the festival.  


 

We are going to Cloudcroft, New Mexico the week after the festival.  It will be wonderful to get out of town for a few days.  

It is a cute, quaint little town.


 

It's beautiful.....we will have fun hiking around.

We are also visiting White Sands, New Mexico, which is not far away.  

 

I am so looking forward to this trip!

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

Love, 365 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Surprise, surprise!...............

The yiayia I discussed in my last post surprised me today ~ she proclaimed that my tsoureki was as good as hers.  I was truly honored.  It s...