September 17, 2017

I miss George......





Do you remember George?  I was scrolling through the HBO lineup of movies for something to watch and came across what was purportedly his favorite of his performances ~ "Jammin in New York".  I miss his honesty and weird wacky way of analyzing everything.  Of course, it's always fun to listen to a smart, logical, non-sensical individual bash government, golf courses, "the war" on (countries, drugs, etc).  

I miss him.  He brought something to America than we hadn't seen before but desperately needed.  Someone who could shine the light on all the bullshit.  We don't have George anymore, but his humor is unsurprisingly current.  The only thing missing is our current "leaders" in his monologue.

You can find much of George's work on youtube.  If you have a spare hour and a half, you can watch Jammin in New York at this link.  

Enjoy........Love, 365

4 comments:

  1. I love George Carlin. Always have, ever since my 16th birthday when my best friend Hollie played me the album of his Seven Words You Can't Say on Television. I can't remember ever laughing harder than I did at that.

    And I'm constantly rolling my eyes and calling things a Mongolian Clusterfuck. Which I also learned from George.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was surprised while watching "Jammin" to discover that much of his routine fits right in with today's social bs. I bet he would have had a grand ol' time with Facebook.

      Delete
  2. Loved him! Thanks for reminding me. I may need to look up some of his specials on netflix or hbo on demand.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure you'll find plenty! Let me know your favorite.....

      Delete

False spring is over.....

  I took this photo of a ranunculus I bought a few days before.  They are such beautiful flowers ~ so delicate and brightly colored.  I don&...