June 17, 2019

Father's Day....

Happy Father's Day to my own.  He passed away from brain cancer, metastasized from lung cancer 12 years ago.  We didn't have a very close (or good) relationship, but I wish we could have just one more conversation.

 Romeo, Dad extraordinaire, my hero and my love.  

I purchased him this mug for Father's Day:


Although the "drink" in question is coffee, this fits him to a tee.  
This is one of the reasons watching TV with him can (not always) be annoying, especially if we're watching the news or a poorly done documentary.  
******************

On the sourdough front, Romeo and I collaborated on the "extra tangy" recipe, which was a bust.  For one thing I put the wrong measurement for the flour he was to add while I was at church, and although he put about the right amount in anyway, I think the dough was over worked.  Still edible and a wonderful crunch on the crust despite our mistakes.  Most importantly, not worth the time, that recipe takes two days, as it rises overnight in the fridge.  Then another 5 hours.  Then make into loaves and another 2 to 3 hours. The rising time is just out of control.

Thankfully I have a haircut today, it has been driving me crazy enough that I am thinking it either needs to be a little longer or I need to cut it off and go back to short hair.  Sometimes I think all this bother is just a bit too much, and I should just wear a wig.  :-0

Well, I better get the sheets on the bed and get going....have a lovely week!

Love, 365


6 comments:

  1. I'm sorry the bread didn't work out this time. I used to love sourdough bread.
    I want to shave my head. I was growing it out. I got it a lot longer on top. But the stuff around the ears now is looking bad. I have had on a baseball cap 6 our of 7 days. I go tomorrow. I am cutting it. I can't take it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, I had my haircut, and convinced Jess to cut off the longer "layers" to equal the top layers which are almost chin length. "But I thought you were growing it out?" "Yes, but those scraggly layers look terrible. And they touch my neck and I always think there is a bug" She laughed and cut them off. I like it.

      Delete
  2. The sourdough I make takes a long time too. I make it at around 10pm and let it rise slowly all night, reknead it the next morning and shape it into loaves then leave to rise for another 3 or 4 hours. Tkes less time in the summer heat but I've gone off bread making now. The 'sponge' gets left in the fridge for a month or so before I remember to feed it but always recovers with a bit of flour and water. I've had this sponge for about 5 years. VERY tangy in the beginning. I feed it for a couple of days to tone it down before using it.

    As for haircuts, after growing my hair for 6 months I have just had it done 'short back and sides'. Hairdresser went mad, snipping and snipping but I guess its better this way in the summer heat. I wont need to go again till September. Hate hairdressers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a wonderful hairdresser. Every time she moves I have to drive farther out to see her, but it's worth it. I suppose that is one of the drawbacks to small town life, not having much of a choice. The good thing about hair ~ it grows back. :-)

      Delete
  3. Hope your haircut and week went well. I have read a lot about Romeo so it's nice to finally see him in person. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, the week ended with a bang. But my haircut looks great!

      Delete

Drivers just wanna be first........

 This is my signature meme for drivers, haha.  I remember drivers ed....we've seen the consequences on the highway and streets when peop...