June 14, 2019

Things are heating up.......




We have had an unusually cool spring.  We had a couple of days in the 70s this week, but this weekend it will be in the high 80s to the low 90s.  I've been using my scarf (see below) for cooling while in my car....


It's a bit like this one, less than $8 on Amazon....

As I've said before, if Romeo knew my a/c was out, he would insist we go right out and purchase a new vehicle for me.  I'm just not ready yet.  So, I've been using the scarf to reduce the discomfort of being in a moving oven (it's a dark green vehicle, so it gets pretty hot in there).  The scarf works well, but on Wednesday I noticed that the scarf also wet my shirt.  Of course.  I envisioned Romeo asking me "why is your shirt wet?" but I headed upstairs to change for the gym and he didn't notice.  Of course, eventually he will notice.  When that happens, I'll deal with it then.  I just don't want to argue about it....and I still want a month or so to put aside a bit more $$ for a down payment, especially now that we don't have a mortgage payment!  And although I know I should start test driving, I'm not ready yet for that.  It's silly, but once I sit in that new (to me, I'm still planning on buying a used one) I will not want to get out of it.  :-)

I have started baking with sourdough again....last week I made two loaves and I am ready to make more today.  Although delicious, it didn't quite have the tang that it will later on...it takes time to develop the flavor of the starter.  I have plans to give away some of the bread ~ a loaf to the patient who brought me 2 epi pens after hearing about Romeo's bee sting issue ~ and a loaf to my hairdresser who's birthday is coming up and I'm seeing her on Monday.  I love sourdough, but unless you're into it, it's a bit of trouble.  If I didn't have the time I wouldn't bother ~ yay for graduating and opening up my world beyond the books and papers!  Oh, and one of my friends sent me a few photos of graduation day that I didn't have......I love this one, with my friend expressing the emotions of the day......

Look closely behind us...love this one!

Have a great weekend!
Love, 365

4 comments:

  1. Love your graduation photo with Romeo. You both look great...as does your friend in the back. :-)
    Do you have CarMax there? I have purchased and sold 5 cars there. LOVE them. Never issues. Safest place to buy a used car in my humble opinion. I would die with no air in my dark green highlander in our 90 degree weather. But you don't have humidity but still that's damn hot!! I give you kudos for being able to hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We do have CarMax. And as it happens, the friend standing behind us got her suv at CarMax too, and was happy with the process. I will check it out!

      Delete
  2. Your first two pictures are particularly interesting to me - so NOT my world! Well, hang in there with your current vehicle. It will make the next one that much more appreciated. -Jenn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Although we do not have the economic growth of say, Texas or Arizona (or Colorado), there is a unique feeling to living here. I love it and if we do decide to retire near family (which would be back to Texas) I will miss New Mexico, and likely leave part of my soul here.

      Delete

Drivers just wanna be first........

 This is my signature meme for drivers, haha.  I remember drivers ed....we've seen the consequences on the highway and streets when peop...