June 12, 2021

Lately things have felt strange......

 

I believe this was taken near Clayton, New Mexico.  Quite an impressive photo, but a scary storm.

I don't know why things feel weird.  They just do.  Have you ever experienced something like it?  I suppose that it's a transition following the terrifying months of Covid, when people were dying or in the hospital.  And I encountered every human experience while at work, at church, in the grocery store.  There were people who didn't believe the virus was lethal (I know, right?), simply because they knew a few people who had it and were over it in a few days.  The terrified, always double masking and unwilling to touch others, even now.  One of my friends still is double masking, even though she has had the vaccine.  Then there were those like myself, that wore a mask when it was required, but the terror of the first few months gradually wearing away because it just isn't sustainable.  Eventually we all calm down a little bit because we decide not to go anywhere or do anything.  As the months went by at work, I realized that masking and hand washing were working, because we had a number of patients that let us know they were positive after being in the office a few days before.

I think that's what it is, anyway.  Being able to go out and do stuff without a mask, resuming life that is similar to what it was all like before.

I had my bone density exam yesterday, and I meet my new gp on Monday.  Luckily my bone density is still in the osteopenia stage.  I have stepped up my calcium supplements, my Vit D3.  It's really all I can do other than weight bearing exercises.  I try to do some yoga stretches too, but I hate them and rarely do it.  I'm planning on joining a gym, but I haven't taken the time to visit any yet. 

Well, off to the races.  Have a great weekend!

Love, 365

12 comments:

  1. Wow with the picture of the sky with the storm! Never saw anything quite like that and we lived in Santa Fe, New Mexico and had the monsoons there as well as Phoenix now with the monsoons.

    I think we were all on guard for so long about things for the past 15 months its hard to let that guard down a bit. I have to admit after the first 6 weeks of it back in March/April 2020 I made the decision not to be afraid of it and to live my life with precautions but not with fear. So I wore a mask when I had to, washed my hands more often than before, and was judicious in the activities I participated in. We didn't stay away from family except for those first 6 weeks and then I said "enough is enough" and started seeing son/DIL/grand kids again. By the grace of God, and only by the grace of God, we have been healthy :)

    It was refreshing at the store today to have the fitting rooms opened again. I wasn't expecting that and quite pleased to be able to try on clothes instead of having to take them home and wonder if they were going to work or not.

    You too have a great weekend!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hadn't gone shopping in quite awhile, but the outlet mall in Santa Fe (specifically Eddie Bauer) would only let you try on 5 items ~ period. If you wanted to buy more than 5 items, I guess you'd have to guess. I thought it was weird.

      Delete
  2. Less and less people are wearing masks in Albertson's/Von's. We have stopped and visited with old bridge and bingo members; it felt so good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it wonderful not to have to wear it? Even at church today, we only had one adult wearing a mask ~ everyone else finally let it go. This is why I don't look forward to going to work, because I still have to wear it for 8 1/2 hours (I can take it off in the break room though, but who can hang out there for more than a few minutes).

      Delete
  3. Great storm photo, but glad we weren't under it. A friend from Colombia once told me about trips home to vist family and on each vist finding that home security had got tighter, curfews imposed, gated communities, travelling with armed guards etc and couldn't understand how her sister could continue to function in all this. Sister replied "it's gradual, and after each change we recoil and then we say 'I'm safe my family is safe life goes on' and it becomes the new normal." The progress of COVID has been a bit like that. What I find strange is that people believe masks protect the wearer. Hznd washing protects you , but mask wearing protects other people FROM YOU. That's why we should all be offended by people who don't engage in the courtesy of a mask when asked to do so. They are essentially saying they don't give a monkeys for anyone but themselves. Here's to the gradusl change BACK to something more normal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now that summer is here I'm glad that mask mandates are relaxing. It's been so hot that wearing one feels like you're in a sauna. I have no idea how long it will be before those of us that work in health care will be able to ditch it. We still have our plexiglass up too, which makes it hard to hear a lot of people.

      Delete
  4. I never took off my mask even after vaccinations. There is still no where I can go without one as far as stores etc. This weekend at the grocery store I saw only 1 person without a mask. I don't mind one bit. I had it off when I went to visit family and came home with a cold. Passed it to Rick. I am so okay with wearing a mask forever if I had to. But slowly but surely it's been nice having people over who have been vaxxed and not wearing them and socializing again. Covid is never going to go away completely. We will never hit herd and too many stubborn stupid people so it and it's variants are here to stay I feel. Not like small pox where everyone just got vaxxed and no exceptions and it was eradicated. Too entitled now for such things

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are fully opening up on July 1 ~ I guess we had a high enough percentage of vaccinated people to meet the requirements they set. There are still people that want to wear masks, which is fine....I am not wearing one unless I have to, like at work.

      Delete
  5. What I have to say about the photograph is that Nature is wonderful (or maybe scary)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The world's weather is becoming rather crazy these days!

      Delete
  6. Amazing photo. Things have been weird here as well as more and more places are opening but I think everyone is still getting used to being out and around other folks. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed, we're still trying to re-adjust. You take care too! Have a great weekend!

      Delete

False spring is over.....

  I took this photo of a ranunculus I bought a few days before.  They are such beautiful flowers ~ so delicate and brightly colored.  I don&...