October 19, 2022

What's happening?......

 

As a kid, I grew up drinking iced tea...or the cold water in the fridge.  We rarely had soda, and I thought coffee was vile.  My Mom told me she even gave it to me in a bottle ~ so I'm probably really lucky I didn't have a lot of cavities.  Recently, I bought a jug of Peak sweetened tea.  And realized I could make this myself, so I bought the family sized Lipton.  Which was delicious.  Then I searched through my tea collection and for fun, tossed in 2 Teavana peach tranquility bags in after the Lipton had done it's job, and wow, I love it.  I've also tried the Teavana jade citrus mint which was good too.  I am glad to be back on the tea bandwagon, but coffee rules until around 11am, haha.

On the puppy front:

We had to wait awhile for an appointment for Demitri's next round of puppy shots from our mobile vet...that happened yesterday.  The excitement of new people and the shots wore him out, but not for too long.  A couple of hours later, he was ready to go again.  He is set up for the next round of vaccinations and is also scheduled for neutering.  I am hoping they will have something before February, because I really don't want to deal with leg humping.  The vet assured us we don't have to wait until 18 months as they do on larger dogs, and that breeds his size do have some unwanted habits.....like leg humping.  Haha, although when he starts that, I'm sure I won't be laughing.  He has more than doubled his weight, which hasn't surprised us, he has really grown.  The biting will get better, and the next thing you know he grabs hold of your pant leg and won't let go.  I've developed some great strategies for distracting him, and am glad to say I don't have any new wounds 😁  This morning I had a text from my neighbor who saw the mobile vet and was worried something was wrong with the puppy.  I thought that was so kind and thoughtful.

Oh, there is nothing on tv.  We don't watch sports (well, except for tennis, but since I don't have the Tennis Channel, I rarely get to watch it), can't stand reality tv with the exception of a few cooking shows.....in short, unless we watch a re-run, there's just nothing on, except for the Walking Dead.  Recently a new reality show is being heavily advertised on Pluto ~ Cheaters Channel.  Yep, you guessed, it's about married (or in a serious relationship) men or women cheating on each other.  I really can't imagine why that show would be popular.  I suppose it's like the Bachelorette ~ not a "real" reality show.  Ugh.  Luckily I have podcasts, Audible, and CD's (yep, we still have them!).  How low do we have to go to be entertained by the Cheater's Channel???

Enjoy you day ~ and I hope you are having the beautiful weather we're having!

Love, 365


5 comments:

  1. My husband will make tea from Lipton tea bags and then put ice in it for iced tea. It is refreshing on hot summer days. We neutered Winslow when he was 8 months old. Thankfully he didn't exhibit any signs that he needed to get it done, lol, and other than having to wear the cone so he wouldn't play with his incision area, he did just fine. I'm glad it is over though! I indulge in binging shows on Netflix . Otherwise there isn't really anything on regular TV that interests me especially since we don't have cable any more.

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Demitri will be 6 months when it's scheduled.....I never had those issues with our scottie or corgi, but this guy? I think it'll be a "thing" :-)

      Delete
  2. Your tv sounds like ours. Reality tv or reruns. Don't know how we will get through the winter 😅 hope we have a few cooking programmes ,preferably new ones . There some quiz programmes in the afternoon but it's at night I want to sit down and be entertained

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do like Jeopardy, and shows like it, and I'm hoping for a new season of Great British Baking Show. Search for a show called "Shape of Pasta" with Chef Evan Funke. Wow, what a great show. I think there are 4 or 5 episodes.

      Delete
  3. I gave up soda many years ago and switched to black iced tea. When I was younger, I could do the sweet tea but it is too much for me these days. Demitri is looking too cute. The puppy phase is getting a little better for us but still frustrating.

    ReplyDelete

Drivers just wanna be first........

 This is my signature meme for drivers, haha.  I remember drivers ed....we've seen the consequences on the highway and streets when peop...