February 1, 2024

Winter is taking a little break.......

 

This week the weather has moved to spring.....in the high 50s and low 60s.  We'll have a little dip for a few days and then it goes up again.  This is what we in New Mexico call "fool's spring".  Because we all know that there will be another storm with snow before winter is all over.  Maybe even two!  Who knows?  I sure do need to get my act together in regards to gardening.  I am anxious to start, so I'm going to start planning.

We've been busy, trimming down the wisteria, treating the yard for dog pee, looking at paint colors, and deciding the details of updating the bathrooms.  I've been planning on doing the shower first, but I've decided to start with the vanity ~ which we will do ourselves.  I need a new sink and countertop.  The idea of picking out colors and styles is a little daunting, because I probably won't do it again. 

On the home front, my sister was just diagnosed with cancer.  It was found early, so the outlook is very positive, but it has floored us all.  I am very close to my sis.....she is my only sibling as well.  The next step is coming up in a little less than 2 weeks.  This one of those things that she won't know how well the treatments are doing for almost a year.  I want to go and spend a week, and will figure out when to go.  (Romeo is already pressing me to fly, but I don't want to, sheesh)  They aren't doing chemo, it's an immunotherapy treatment.  At least she won't have the side effects of chemo.  

I have slacked off on baking sourdough.  I was making two loaves a week, and now I'm doing one every 10-14 days.  Sometimes ya just need a break!

Have a wonderful weekend, y'all!

Love, 365

4 comments:

  1. We used to call it WInter thaw here, but lately we don't have much of a winter to thaw. Cancer treatments have come a long way with great results...still scary as heck and she will need support and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry about your sister. I know you both will benefit from your visit!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear your bad news. Thank goodness she caught it early. I'm sure she needs your support and you need to be near her. Fly to her side! Or get there some other way

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to read about your sister but pleased for both of you that it was found early. Can't get over the different colours of your 2 K9s. Ours all started out ginger/blonde and darkened as they aged.

    ReplyDelete

Drivers just wanna be first........

 This is my signature meme for drivers, haha.  I remember drivers ed....we've seen the consequences on the highway and streets when peop...