October 11, 2015

Of Balloons & Resubmittion Fees, wha????

Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta 2015 

We did manage to go to the balloon fiesta last Saturday!  Got up at 4am, and arrived at the park and ride around 4:45....to discover that since the last time we attended, the park and ride has become very popular!  Instead of city busses, they are now using school buses to haul us out to the balloon field.  Seriously, there were easily 400+ people out there.  
Of course, this was the first day of the fiesta, and I knew it would be crowded, and to their credit, it was well organized.  We arrived in well ahead of the mass assention at 6am.  The only negative I experienced was burning my tongue on the coffee!  









It was really fun.....and it wiped us out for the rest of the day!  I swear, we can home and napped for a couple of hours.  

******************************
On the BYU course.....the day after I submitted my quiz, I received an e-mail letting me know that I might be able to take it again ~ for a fee.  Interesting, huh?  I suppose this is how they keep the tuition fee low for the course, by offering you opportunities to retake the quiz by paying for the privilege.  I don't know what the cost is, because I am not able to retake the above mentioned quiz.  Higher learning ~ so much of it is all about the money.  Sigh.

Love, 365

2 comments:

  1. The balloon photos are great. I like seeing a sky full of balloons, too. I used to live in Temecula California. They have a great one every year.

    And yes. ALL levels of education are about money. ALL of them. It's not about people at all, unfortunately.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was able to find out that the fee for resubmitting the quiz is $10. I've had lots of online classes that will give you opportunities to retake the quiz 2 or 3 times, but never one that asks for your credit card first, lol.
      I have to disagree with you somewhat. Along the way, I have met many teachers (whether they be "professors" or not is not significant) who do it because they are dedicated. The system they work in is about the money, buy the individual is not. These are the best instructors you can have (even if you aren't a student). They make learning an adventure that you can't wait to have. I have been lucky to have quite a number of them in the last 6 years.

      Delete

Drivers just wanna be first........

 This is my signature meme for drivers, haha.  I remember drivers ed....we've seen the consequences on the highway and streets when peop...