April 15, 2018

The search for the perfect pillow.......

(bing images)

How is your pillow?  Do you like it or hate it or is it love?  While watching Sunday Morning they featured a story on the guy who makes "My Pillow" ~ who was apparently a drug addict at one point, and now hires people who have been down on their luck, or had been addicts themselves.  Kind of a feel good story.  I've never bought one of his pillows, but I've bought my share, trying to find the perfect pillow.  And no, I don't have the perfect one yet, but what I have will do.....

The sheer number of pillow types boggles the mind.   Down, down alternative, memory foam, latex, feathers, buckwheat hulls (is rather crunchy), kapok fiber (which is apparently highly flammable), microbead, water (yes, water), cotton, wool......the list of different types of pillows goes on and on.  

Remember when a friend or family member told you they've found the perfect pillow?  You go out and find one only to discover you hate it?  Yeah, me too.

How about the prices?  We're talking anywhere from $20 to the dizzying heights of nearly $4,000 for the Van Der Heist custom pillow, where a physical therapist will come to your house and do a 3D scan to produce the perfect pillow for you.  Oh, and if you have a bit more money, you can have 24k gold fabric on it.  You're kidding right?  I suppose this is for people who have personal trainers and dietitians and plastic surgery on a regular basis.  

So there you go.  It seems there is no end to different types of pillows with their own schtick (organic, orthopedic, etc) which makes it very difficult to find the one that doesn't make your neck hurt, or tangle your hair so that when you wake up it looks like you've decided to go with dreads.

Love, 365

8 comments:

  1. Did not know that about the My Pillow dude, now he won't annoy me as much. I never really had any issues with pillows. fluff them up and I'm good. Apparently I'm in the minority on that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't know either, but I did forget to mention that he spends close to a million a week on advertisements, and that's annoying. I hate commercials.

      You know, I notice guys sleep like logs and we women toss and turn. That must be who all the fancy pillows are for, haha.

      Delete
  2. Yeah, Sprawlmart pillows here.
    But I never worry about my hair, as I know that if I sleep on it, I will have to wash and dry it all over again. Once I fall asleep my hair is all sticky-upped and drooled in. Yum.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, mine is too short for drool, but sticky-upped is pretty accurate ~ and tangled, how hair as short as mine can get tangled is a mystery. Uh, you do make it sound yummy though.

      Do you ever think our guys look at us in the morning and wonder how we coax the lovely ladies we are out?

      Delete
  3. Cindy actually bought me a My Pillow for Christmas, not one of the premium ones but a standard medium fill she found at Kohls, I have not been disappointed with is and can say that it has never gone completely flat during the night, always re fluff it before you get back into bed and it works as advertised, I would go to their website because the price is better there, they have sales where you can get a standard one like mine for like 29 bucks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm, that's a great price and worth a try! Thank you!

      Delete
  4. I am in dire need of a new pillow. I have a closet of pillows that are all awful. Once you buy them you normally can't return them. I fell for the My Pillow man and it was horrific. It was so hot. My husband and I both hated it and sent them back. We found it neither comfy or cool. Literally this pillow got so hot I thought I was having hot flashes. And since my husband felt the same way I knew it wasn't just me. When I called the 800# to ask about this the guy said, "well it's not suppose to if you watch the commercial." Seriously? Thankfully I got it from QVC so returning was easy. But it was not for me. And $100+ per pillow? No. Then when I saw he was a huge trump supporter I thought how nice I didn't give him anymore of my money.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, that a plus and a minus on the My Pillow. $100 for a pillow is rather silly, I think the most I've ever spent is $35. But, hey, how about that custom pillow for nearly 4,000? Some folks have more money than sense.

      Delete

False spring is over.....

  I took this photo of a ranunculus I bought a few days before.  They are such beautiful flowers ~ so delicate and brightly colored.  I don&...