October 16, 2020

Autumn musings.......


Normally we would be enjoying the last day of the International Balloon Fiesta here in Albuquerque this past Sunday, but like so many other things, not this year.  

The same weekend of the Balloon Fiesta, my church produces the Greek Festival.  Of course I knew this was cancelled in April, because that's when we start baking and preparing for all of the baked goods that are sold.  

I'm sure all of you have felt the loss of the special events held in your town, or the one down the road.  So, perhaps we won't take things for granted next year.  But we still have Thanksgiving and Christmas this year.....but it's normally just Romeo, me and the dog then anyway.  I still feel bad for all those who won't be able to travel to see their families.

Garden update: Oh, boy does the tomato plant look awful.  But last weekend I saw a large fruit that was beginning to ripen.  So, last night I went out to check on it, and some critter had eaten half of it.  So, the ugly tomato will be unceremoniously ripped out today or tomorrow.  I still have peppers that are ripening and a pimento that is nearly ready to pick.  I just hope the critter doesn't like pimentos!  Romeo thinks it's the squirrel that had taken residence in the tree of the house next door ~ it is still empty after our neighbor passed away this past summer.  I'm not sure why the house is still on the market, houses are selling quickly here.  

We did get some great news at work on Wednesday's monthly meeting ~ the Docs have decided to give us all some time off at the end of the year, so after Dec. 23rd, we will be closed until January 4th.  And we'll be paid!  We were all very happy and grateful.  And, yes, surprised since this hasn't exactly been a banner year.  A bright spot to finish off a rather dark year....

So!  Today is the first day of my vacation until October 26th.....a greatly needed break!

Have a great weekend!

Love, 365
 

3 comments:

  1. Enjoy that vacation and that is awesome about the extra paid time off at the end of the year. We are fortunate that the kids are still young and we get to spend the holidays with them. I feel bad for all of the folks that don't get that opportunity. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am really excited about having that time off, especially with the constant rescheduling of patients we at the front desk have been doing since mid-March. It's very stressful, what with patients being upset (not that I blame them, but what can I do?).
      I admit it is rather sad that we have no family here ~ we've become accustomed to a flurry of phone calls & face time during the holidays. This year I think there are plenty of families that are doing the same.

      Delete
  2. Great news about days off and vacation . Pity you can can't go somewhere to relax though.
    All our national days and church events have been cancelled just now. I wonder what Xmas will be like. We are all starting to think of that now

    ReplyDelete

Drivers just wanna be first........

 This is my signature meme for drivers, haha.  I remember drivers ed....we've seen the consequences on the highway and streets when peop...