January 4, 2023

Happy New Year!

 

We decided to give Demitri the right start to the new year with a bath.....he was not really all that in to it.  Haha

Romeo bought this beautiful poinsettia for Christmas......I think it's the prettiest one I've ever had!  It's such a rich color.   

I have been quite occupied with baking and puppy that I haven't taken time to write.  I've started a few!  Ah, well, excuses excuses.  

I finally achieved one of my goals in sourdough bread, but unfortunately I don't have any pictures of it.  The one time I don't take a photo....haha.  It had a great rise in the oven and a nice open crumb.  Crusty and crunchy on the outside, pillowy soft on the inside.  A friend gave me a new starter, and it's amazing.  

There isn't much new or exciting happening here.  Day to day life ~ laudnry, walks outside with Demitri, playing racquetball at the gym, baking, etc.  Now that I am retired, I don't have any drama to report on 😁  It's super awesome!  I admit that there hasn't been one day that I regret retiring.  Oh, I miss some of the patients that I enjoyed talking to, and most of the staff, but otherwise?  Not at all......it's really fabulous.  I still get up early but not as early as I used to.  6:30-7:00 ~ sometimes even 7:30!  woo hoo!  Once the weather warms up, we will be doing some road trips, Arizona, Colorado, and around and about New Mexico.  

Now....


 



My best wishes for all of you in 2023.....

Love, 365

6 comments:

  1. Yehhh. So glad to hear you're enjoying your retirement!! Don't forget to take a photo of the bread next time. I threw away my starter. I've stopped eating bread and just wasn't doing any baking. But Xmas and new year I did bake loaves , one for the Xmas table and the other on new years day with a coin in it. They were both made with yeast but some of the best I've made.
    Give Demetri an ear scrunch from me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am still baking and selling a few here and there. I can't do without bread! I suppose I might lose a pound or two if I gave it up :-)
      Demitri has had a scrunch, and enjoyed it!

      Delete
  2. Welcome to 2023 and happy new year. Sounds like you have got a good year ahead of you. Congrats on the bread success. Bread is off menu here now as OH got a diabetic diagnosis and needs to learn some better eating habits. Bread was always his 'go to', so best to simply not have any around 😕.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sorry that you have to give up bread, but I certainly understand! One of the reasons I bake sourdough is that the fermentation process makes for a bread better for avoiding the sugar spikes. Romeo is "pre-diabetic", which is a situation we want to maintain. Happy New Year to you!

      Delete
  3. Glad to hear you are enjoying retirement. I have a to do list a mile long - wanna come help if you have all this time? I'll feed you. :-) LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sure! We'll swap out and make it mutual. You should see my office. It's a real disaster right now :-)

    ReplyDelete

Drivers just wanna be first........

 This is my signature meme for drivers, haha.  I remember drivers ed....we've seen the consequences on the highway and streets when peop...