January 10, 2023

Oh~kay.......

I know they aren't pretty ~ even after the third go round ~ but these "ballpark pretzels" are really yummy.  They are a bit of a pain to make, and boy howdy the mess on the stove top is out of control.  We have to take it easy, because we could probably eat them in two days.  It's not something I want to bake every week for sure.  


 

I don't know why I took this photo of his paw.  But dang it!  Every bit of this puppy is just so irritatingly cute!  I call it the high 5.

We have a neighbor across the street, a single woman who retired two, maybe almost 3 years ago.  Her ex-husband passed away some years ago.  She's in a relationship, but he has his own house.  She said she really enjoyed having her own place.  This is the lady who bailed us out when our fridge died.  

When something happens she usually texts me to ask if Romeo can come over and look at it.  Which is ok, he doesn't mind.  She did that today, and when she returned home from Santa Fe, we went over to figure out was was wrong with her Bose sound system.  So we went over, and Romeo had his little black bag of tools.....it turned out that she was dusting and somehow unplugged it from the surge protector, haha.  We all had a good laugh at that.  

Love, 365

8 comments:

  1. I'm not a pretzel fan but I love freshly baked bread.
    My husband has helped some people now and then, he meets several elderly people in his work and does stuff for them because he's nice.

    I have accidentally unplugged my electric blanket. A disaster of epic proportions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did the same on my electric blanket! It about rove me crazy trying to figure out why it wasn't coming on.

      Delete
  2. Your neighbour sounds just like me lol. We have neighbours who often call in my husband. He is like Romeo, not put out and happy to oblige.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's great to be able to call on a neighbor when you need it! I think this used to be the way most people were, but now it's a rarity here in the U.S.

      Delete
  3. Mr B used to have to go next door and help old Mr Thorn with his TV controls and stuff like that. He even got called into punch extra holes in old Mr T's belt when he lost a lot of weight in his advanced age. After he went into a care home Mr B used to call on him from time to time when he wanted to go out somewhere. He had family, but they never visited him so we cut his grass and reroofed his garage and unblocked drains and .... AND HE TOLD ME HE DIDN'T LIKE CATS but I won him around. xxx Mr T

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, you are quite charming, so I'm not surprised :-)

      Delete
  4. I just printed a recipe for a beer cheese dip for pretzels. I don't eat pretzels (gluten) but I thought I'd make them for some friends coming by next month. I think your pretzels look great. I'll probably buy them and just make the dip. LOL Rick was our neighborhood call when things happened. We had a couple of single ladies of various ages on our block. One text him a few weeks ago saying how she missed him and his handy tool box. He went over to fix her issue with power after she was telling me she had no power on the 1st floor and no one could get there until the next day. I invited her over to our house she said no. So I sent Rick over. She made a fuss, but it was just that when her electrician left he never turned on the power to the 1st floor. She was sitting in the dark for that. They had a good laugh about his "tough" job of flipping the switch. But he took the cookies she had for him though. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I feel guilty enough just eating the pretzels. The beer cheese dip sounds like queso, I would have trouble eating only a bit! Maybe I should make some queso, you've made me hungry for it!
    Yeah, it was really funny, she went through the whole story, then when Romeo used his flashlight, she noticed the plug, and that was that. Haha

    ReplyDelete

Drivers just wanna be first........

 This is my signature meme for drivers, haha.  I remember drivers ed....we've seen the consequences on the highway and streets when peop...