January 12, 2023

Battle Bots and other wacky stuff.......

 

How does he do it?  Romeo started watching Battle Bots a couple of years ago.  Basically teams built these robots and battle it out for 3 minutes (sometimes it's a lot less).  Each season someone wins the GIANT NUT.  

The double entendre isn't lost here...... haha

At first I just ignored it and played a game on my phone, or went to my office and watched something else.  Then I watched a few, and now I find it interesting and it's got lots of action....well, it lasts for 3 minutes (I can think of something else that is exciting for 3 minutes, but we won't go there, haha).  

I used to hate watching Forged in Fire, but he has managed to win me over on that one too.  

He isn't a sports fan, so there is that.  I like football more than he does.  

But if he labels a show as a "chic flick" he leaves.  I don't think I've ever convinced him to watch any of those.  I think I'm not a good sales person....although sometimes it's great that he leaves instead of spending the 30 min to 1 hour show being snarky.  Especially when his snark has a point.  :-(  I just hate when that happens.

Love, 365


9 comments:

  1. What are chick flicks? Rom coms? I don't honestly know. Everything today is CGI, a comic book or worse Avatar. I watch a lot of old movies which I love. North by Northwest, Rear Window. You know humans talking and sharing with other humans. Some a mystery, some a comedy, some a drama, some just fun. If nothing is blowing up or it's not a comic book or CGI then men call it a chick flick. I don't get it. Is that Romeo too? Thankfully my husband likes all genres to a point. (not a huge fan of comic books) he will watch a movie where people interact. Coda was a great movie. But nothing blew up, no aliens, no CGI. Just humans. A guy Rick knows said he didn't watch it because it was a chick flick. WHAT? Rick loved Sex and The City too - well mostly for the nudity. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A chick flick is a mushy love story. Haha I liked Avatar....but then I'm a sci fi lover and you aren't....but I do draw the line at super hero movies ~ most of the time :-)

      Delete
  2. My hubby watches Battle Bots, too. I find it boring.

    It's hard to find things we both want to watch. We still get Netflix dvds and take turns selecting them, but it's a pain in the ass to get him to sit down at the computer and find things he wants to watch. Funny, I suggest we stop doing the DVD plan, and he protests. ::shrug::

    He loves movies with blood and screaming and things blowing up.
    I will watch something like that if there's a reason for those things.

    Like last weekend, we watched Lake Placid. I had forgotten how funny it was. But there was a bit of screaming, some blood and body parts.

    And Betty White, who was hilarious in it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do enjoy historical dramas, and there's usually a lot of violence and blood in those. It is rather hard to find a common middle ground though. And despite watching the preview, sometimes we both pick out stinkers.

      Delete
  3. Ohhh so understand you there!! Women are far more flexible. Or I am anyway so I get peace and quiet lol. My husband hates most of the programmes I love and has been known to stomp off in a fug. So much better for me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I hear you! Although Romeo just goes to his office and watches something else, and doesn't usually stomp :-) I'm always willing to give it a little time before decided it's not worth my time. His time frame is about 5 minutes, mine is 30. I guess we're more patient too...

      Delete
  4. It used to be called Robot Wars over here and we were fixated with it. There is always that 'could I build a better one' element in our discussion of each candidate. The 'that won't work'... which is easy when you are a bystander. We also watch the Rrd Bull soapbox derbies - that I would love to build a soap box for and give it a go.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We usually try to pick a winner in advance ~ although we don't bet on it. Hmmm, maybe we should make the loser wash the dishes :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am also a member of the SNARKY husband affliction. It has help me hang on by a thin thread. Arguing with my better half is like spiting into the wind. You as a husband, is much like spitting into the wind, you only walk away with a wet face.

    ReplyDelete

Spring has sprung, let the gardening begin....

  This show of blooms was just the beginning! Of course they smell amazing, and all the pollinators think so too. Windows and back door open...