March 9, 2023

Oy vey.....

 

I need this necklace, lol.

It's tax preparation time.  Romeo has been talking about it for a few weeks, and today he has started the process.  In and out.....how much was that donation?...where are the property tax payments?.....do you have your W2? (which I gave him a long time ago)...and on and on.  Now I'm on the phone with our insurance for some form he wants...oy vey!!  He becomes quite apprehensive.  I suppose that's normal for most of us!  Let me tell you about a conversation we had over 20 years ago....

Romeo: (while in the midst of doing taxes for that year) "Next year I'll teach you how to do the taxes ~ it's pretty easy with Turbo Tax, and you'll need to know if something happens to me."

Me: "Oh, honey, if you aren't around to do our taxes, I'll have my "Anna" (my friend who does taxes for a living) do it."     chuckles

And that was the best move on my part ever.  If I had fallen for that, I would be doing the taxes every year.  I do enough around here!  And taxes is not something I would ever have any interest in doing.  

In the meantime, it looks like spring is on it's way, although I won't be planting the garden for another month.  I have been trimming the beast that is the wisteria, and that added up to two full lawn size bags of sticks.  I need to get the supplies to begin the germination of the veg and herb seeds I bought last year.  I am getting excited about having a garden again!  We will have to put up a small fence around it (it's already a raised bed) because Demitri has learned to jump up there and is currently digging some nice holes for me already, haha.  He sure loves to dig ~ thankfully he doesn't do it often.  

Love, 365


6 comments:

  1. Smart move! I remember my late husband trying to teach me how to adjust the blades on the lawnmower. My answer was very much like yours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha! They act dumb all the time (where are the frying pans??) but in truth quite clever. Don't fall for it :-)

      Delete
  2. I feel for you! Sorting out all his questions are quite enough. Thank goodness one daughter is an accountant and does all our tax and official paper stuff. Rules change here so often it's not even an easy job for her.
    It's almost gardening time here too. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The funny part is I put all the tax stuff that comes my way into a folder and give it to him around the end of January. Always manages to come up with something I didn't anticipate.
      Ha! It is snowing here today, so it's not quite time yet! According to our weather professionals, it's going to be in the 60s next week. This is an up and down time of the year!

      Delete
  3. death and taxes - 2 certainties in life. F has a degree in accounting and hates tax returns (and changing/fixing door lock mechanisms) - both things that Mr B has tried to show her how to do and like you she reckons she has mastered enough knowledge of household management and maintenance to be able to renege on a couple of the chores.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed! Yesterday I gave him a piece of mail to file away and he handed it right back to me. Argh.

      Delete

Drivers just wanna be first........

 This is my signature meme for drivers, haha.  I remember drivers ed....we've seen the consequences on the highway and streets when peop...