June 28, 2024

Colorado.....

 

I think I mentioned that we planned on ~ and went ~ to the Denver Botanical Gardens.  In the distance I see this colorful object....and as we approached it, I said "that's a Chihuly"!  Who else would construct this colorful and crazy plant bloom/spike/weirdness?  It was really beautiful.  I love his work.

The gardens are huge.  The Japanese section was beautiful and I took a ton of photos.

This one turned out strange looking....I don't know why the lily pads washed out, I guess because the sky was so blue.  The reflection of the clouds was disturbed by the ripples in the water.  The water was very dark, and I read that they put a food-safe black dye into the water to reduce algae ~ and as a side benefit, it made the reflection of the sky really pop.

I have to say, it was really hot that day, at 97.  I was hot and sweaty after that, and a bit dehydrated until I found a few water fountains.  It was fun though!  It's worth seeing if you're traveling through.

The Denver Orthodox Cathedral.  It's beautiful, and we had a great time at the enthronement!  I saw a few people I knew!  That was a surprise.

Our new Metropolitan Constantine....AXIOS!! 

The ceiling of a smaller chapel in the cathedral.  So beautiful!


I'll leave ya with this photo I took a few days ago.  These are lenticular clouds....it was early in the morning, which is why it's so dark.

Have a great weekend, everyone!

Love, 365







4 comments:

  1. That's an impressive Cathedral. The painting on the ceiling is impressive too.
    That was a hot day you chose to see the gardens but I suppose my St days are like that now. So worth it, beautiful flowers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do have photos of the ceiling in the Cathedral, but the one I posted was in a smaller chapel, probably used for baptisms (since there was a baptismal font in it) and other small events. I will have to post the ones in the Cathedral itself ~ which is really overwhelming but very beautiful. I would say if you want to spend some time viewing it properly, they would need to install recliners (haha that would be nice).

      Delete
  2. Oooh those clouds are awesome!! Great photo. I love Dale Chiluys work. When the Balogio was built in Vegas years ago I was in town for a conferece. it's the hotel all were talking about so we walked over there. The lobby ceiling is all his glass work and I saw, Oh this is a Dale Chihuly piece and this lady stranger standing next to me said, "well aren't you a smarty pants" I laughed I wasn't sure how she meant that so I went with her being funny....still not sure. But you just know his work if you've seen it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was in Vegas for a dental conference and saw an exhibit. I first saw him on TV, installing some monstrosity which was just gorgeous. He like the large installments ~ I watched as he made those frilly plate type things, so colorful! And the display was gorgeous. He also did an exhibit here in Albuquerque at one of the art museums.

      Delete

Colorado.....

  I I think I mentioned that we planned on ~ and went ~ to the Denver Botanical Gardens.  In the distance I see this colorful object....and ...