August 13, 2017

Catching up ....

Street musicians at the Santa Fe farmer's market

I called a friend for a train trip to Santa Fe for the farmer's market on Saturday ~ it was a lot of fun, although I was a little unsure about basically spending a whole day on the trip.  The train is nice and relaxing  ~ although you have to get to the station early at 8:45 ~ but the return train doesn't leave Santa Fe until 3:15.  So, I spent the entire day on this one activity....I tried to keep myself from thinking of all the other things I needed to do and just enjoy.  The weather was perfect, probably around 80 with a slight breeze.  We had a wonderful lunch at The Cowgirl cafe....


Shrimp tacos and ice tea.....


The Unbroken Horse band...

I still have a week before classes begin, and my boss left for a two-week vacation on Thursday, so I decided to take a few days while he is gone.  I have a few projects planned for when I go back so that it won't be so incredibly boring.  If I don't find something to do, I'll lose my mind....ha ha.

Usually I write something every weekend here, but the last few weeks I just couldn't find anything I wanted to say.  I suppose everyone who blogs hits a snag now and again.  I've been working on figuring myself out....sounds weird, doesn't it?  I just need a bit of introspection.  That's one of the reasons I texted my friend about the trip to Santa Fe.  I find myself in a rut, not really getting out and doing things, and I don't want to spend my life sitting in the house.......sure, I'm doing things, but it seems rather like going through the motions instead of experiencing something new, or doing something I've done with a friend I haven't done much with.....but the next time I plan on going to the farmer's market I'm driving.  It was a constant struggle to keep my newly purchased fruits and vegetables from getting squished.....I probably should have brought bubble wrap!  

Hope all of you have a great week..
Love, 365


2 comments:

  1. You're in my head. I too am feeling the same way. Hmm...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Baby steps.....I really enjoyed "paint night", which was a good start. That was mainly prompted by the subject matter. I've looked at other paint night options, but didn't see anything I wanted to tackle. Will keep looking though.

      Delete

False spring is over.....

  I took this photo of a ranunculus I bought a few days before.  They are such beautiful flowers ~ so delicate and brightly colored.  I don&...