August 15, 2017

The trouble with husbands

Last night we had a thunderstorm, which the dog hates (what dog doesn't?), so Romeo decides to shut  the only open window, thinking the dog would calm down.  So, I had to open the window in the bathroom for air circulation.  We have an evaporative cooler, so it's common to crack open a window that creates cool air circulation in our bedroom ~ or any other room for that matter.  Evaporative cooling is an old technology (snort) that drags air over a mesh of some kind that water drips over, and cools the air as it does so.  I realize I'm probably not explaining it very well.  All I wanted to point out was that closing the window reduces the cool air coming into the bedroom.  Sheesh.

Anyway, then Romeo asks if we need to put towels on the window sills downstairs.  Sadly this requires another explanation, but a quick one.  If the rain is hard enough and blows in a certain direction, we sometimes have a leak.  We've done everything (except replace the roofing) we can to stop the leak, but sometimes it still happens.  I said I didn't know, and a moment later he went downstairs to put the towels on the window sill.  Then comes back upstairs to announce that I can re-open the window if I want, he's going to sleep in the spare room.

Just this little tiny thing and he huffs himself into the spare bedroom.  Likely I'm just ridiculous.  Ha ha.

Just so you know, ladies ~ you younger ones that haven't reached your 50's and 60's ~ he's gonna change.  And you just have to roll with it.  Romeo is much more sensitive these days.  And it's not always easy to deal with.

Do I love him still?  Of course!!  He's a wonderful husband, a great dad.  Doesn't mean he can't drive me crazy.

Love, 365

3 comments:

  1. OOOh I hear you!!! (but since husband got bio-identical testosterone he is back to normal! Whew)

    As for thunderstorms, my dog doesn't even notice them.I feel so bad when I see photos of how scared dogs are. Now, a falling Leave on a walk will scare the crap out of her. It's hard not to laugh. :-)

    Not sure I could deal with that kind of cooling system having been spoiled with A/C for so long.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that was to read, "falling leaf" sorry 'bout that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmmm, not sure how he would feel about me suggesting he might not have enough testosterone. I think I'll let him come to that conclusion all by himself, lol.
      I always had refrigerated air until we moved here. I like it because it helps put some moisture in the air.....the reason it works so well is due to how dry it is here - if the humidity is high it doesn't work very well! It's also a lot cheaper.

      Delete

False spring is over.....

  I took this photo of a ranunculus I bought a few days before.  They are such beautiful flowers ~ so delicate and brightly colored.  I don&...