August 27, 2017

Peaches, baby!

Palisade peaches from Colorado....

Remember the trip to Santa Fe a few weeks ago?  My friend *Brenda and I took the Railrunner train for a day in Santa Fe to visit the farmer's market there.  While on the trip she mentioned that she will be getting her peaches soon.....and with my inquiry of what that meant, she said that the peaches from Colorado are the best ever and asked if I wanted some, to which I answered YES!  The truck arrived yesterday near the old Octopus Carwash ~ of Breaking Bad fame ~ I managed to buy one box of peaches and placed my name on the list for next year so that I can order however many I want.  But the photo above shows just how many peaches are in one box......I made a pie out of 9, and barely dented the surface.....

Yeah, the aesthetics weren't as good as I envisioned, but the flavor is out of this world...
Who cares how it looks anyway????

After I posted the above photos on FB, one of my co-workers asked: "did you buy any for the office?".  No.  I did not.  It didn't even occur to me.  Why would it?  I told her I would take her a few, and that next year they can order however many boxes they want.  It annoyed me because it made me feel like a self-centered buffoon.  But still, the simple truth is that if you hadn't pre-ordered you could only buy one box.  

Gotta go....I need to look up some recipes using fresh peaches....

Love, 365

2 comments:

  1. YUM. This box of peaches would make my hubby flip. Man, he loves a good peach. That pie looks great. I find the prettier my pie, not my best flavor. Don't know why that happens but I made a very ugly apple pie once and the neighbor who got a piece, walked across the street and said he needed another piece of that ugly pie. :-) So it's not the looks but the taste!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree completely! Being a bit of a perfectionist, I noticed my attempt at decoration of the top crust didn't turn out how I envisioned it would....silly.

      Delete

False spring is over.....

  I took this photo of a ranunculus I bought a few days before.  They are such beautiful flowers ~ so delicate and brightly colored.  I don&...