September 2, 2019

If at first.....



I am trying a new artisan sourdough recipe today ~ I noticed the you tube video and thought, wow, that looks really easy!  So, it is in it's final rise today.  I will add the pic after it comes out of the oven, and give a taste review.  One of the things I liked about this recipe is that it's for one loaf, so I don't waste a lot of rather expensive bread flour to make it.  And 2 loaves is just a bit too much to make weekly, which became obvious after the second of two loaves I made recently ended up growing some mold.

It is still high summer here, although to be fair, we had a very long and cool spring.  I am looking forward to my favorite ~ and our shortest ~ season: fall.  Where the temp's are in the 70s and 80s and it's really just so perfect outside that you only go in when you have to.  Or, you're working.  I have a little bonus today, since this is our normal workday.  Since next weekend is my 4-day-weekend, I will enjoy a short work week this week.  I have a very odd schedule.  Tuesday - Friday, then Monday - Thursday.   Repeat.  So I have 4 days off every other weekend.  Although I love love love the 4 days off, I'm not sure if it would be better to have a 3 day weekend each time, or do this crazy every other thing.  When I first started working at this office we were off every Friday, but because we have quite a few patients who work at Sandia Nat'l Labs who are off every other Friday, it was decided to accommodate them.  So there ya go.

Otherwise, all is going along.  I have just shy of 3 weeks before my trip to Texas....which seems like a very long time considering I was originally supposed to be there right now.  At the end of October we'll be spending a few days at a cabin in Jemez.  I am really excited about this trip for the reasons below:



I foresee long dog walks, barbecue, beer, and reading on the agenda. Because Romeo doesn't want to board the dog, I had to find a place where dogs are welcomed.  And at a mere $10 extra for the dog, it's a bargain.

Well, I better go preheat the oven!

Love, 365

4 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for visiting my Blog. It's great to see you.

    I am not good at all in the kitchen. The only one in the family who appreciates my cooking is the dog. Wishing you a wonderful holiday in Texas.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I forgot all about the picture until today. But the bread came out "muy fabuloso!"

      Delete
  2. That looks like a relaxing place, glad you can take the dog, dogs need a change sometimes too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's great to be able to take the dog. I either have to fight with Romeo in order to board the dog ~ which requires a whole new set of kennel cough vaccinations. Recently we had a story on the news that kennel cough is making the rounds at dog parks and doggie day cares around town. What I really want to do it go to a national park (like Yosemite), none of which allow dogs around unless they are in their kennel. Compromises are sometimes a real bitch.

      Delete

Spring has sprung, let the gardening begin....

  This show of blooms was just the beginning! Of course they smell amazing, and all the pollinators think so too. Windows and back door open...