October 22, 2019

A cold and windy fall........

This weekend I splurged on a two night bed and breakfast (sans breakfast, lol ~ more on that later) in Jemez Springs.  Of course I chose it because they allow dogs ~ Romeo doesn't think our dog would do well in a kennel, and maybe she wouldn't.  We'll never know... :-)  The fall colors were beautiful.

We visited the Valles Caldera National Preserve.....
It was so windy and cold we didn't stay very long.

The view outside of the cabin....so beautiful!

Battleship Rock National Park in Jemez...they have great facilities for cooking out, camping, hiking.






The cabin was just spectacular.  It had a full kitchen, nice beds, full bath and was stocked with everything!  Apparently they quit providing breakfast some time ago, but we were just fine with our own bacon and eggs.  The only thing that would have improved our experience would have been the wind.  My word, it was very windy.  Oh, and the few convenience items we forgot.  And from here on, Romeo is not allowed to pack the food.  We had not one single vegetable or piece of fruit. :-)

Have a great week, everyone!  Mine will feel short since I took today off ~ another bonus!

Love, 365

11 comments:

  1. Sounds nice. Personally I've never been to a B and B that made you feel like a guest. I always feel like I am intruding on someone, lots of rules and don't touch signs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joeh, this place is pretty private. It's a single cabin, and the owner's parents live about 800 feet away (which is nice if there's some calamity). So, we didn't have to share space or anyone else. We decided we will likely make staying here an annual thing.

      Delete
  2. What a place to visit. Beautiful scenery. Bet the dog loved it to

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, yes, we all enjoyed it. It did take a night for Sioux to get used to the popping and cracking of the fireplace. And Jemez Springs is central to access to so many places to hike. I had no idea! For those of us who love the outdoors, it's paradise.

      Delete
  3. This looked and sounded like a nice mini-trip.
    As for the food - oh I've had that happen. I was so excited when he said, I've got the food babe as he opened fridge and freezer. I thought, Great, one less thing for me.
    Then when I opened that cooler at our destination and saw meat, meat, meat I realized I should have done this. No veggies, no fruit, no eggs, meat only, not even chicken. What was he thinking?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG, exactly. And it's not easy to run to the store (never did find the local grocery store, no we had to take the long route and drove to Los Alamos...which was what we jokingly called a "road trip"). They pack the items they think are essential and delicious. Haha

      Delete
  4. I love those short-ish trips. I'm a creature of habit and being away from home makes me feel... off. I love being with my husband, and it really doesn't matter where we go when we're together, but I love home the most.

    Gorgeous scenery and photos!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't mind being away from home, but I do worry about it while we're gone....so much crime. But it was a great trip! Next time maybe it'll be 3 nights instead of two. :-)

      Delete
  5. Looks like a great place to visit and glad to see that the doggo got to come along.

    ReplyDelete
  6. She enjoyed it! Dogs are pretty easy to please ~ a hike through the woods and plenty of food....that's it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Our daughter attended, then was a counselor, at Hummingbird Music Camp; just south of there, for several years. We spent may weekends camping in the Jemez back in the late 70'2, early 80's. IS Ponderosa Valley Vineyards still open? They had excellent wine!!

    ReplyDelete

Shall we go crazy? Yes, I think we shall.......

 There are a lot of things on my mind lately.  One of them is my upcoming colonoscopy.  Which I don't want.   I had one scheduled last f...