February 5, 2021

Fast!~~~~~~~~~

 

After my last arm jab, I stopped on my out of the store to buy myself a few flowers..........

My computer came!!!  And I tell you what, when I turn it on, it is ON!  No waiting for 5-10 minutes!  Updates?  Well, that took a little longer.  Getting help from Apple so I could transfer my info from one to the other?  Extremely painful.

I happened to get a person who lives in India.  I am very familiar with the Indian accent.  And this guys accent was very vibrant.  So, at first I spent most of my time asking for him to repeat, please?   And it didn't take very long for his irritation to be dealing with such an idiot (as I'm sure he thought of me) to show.  At the end he asked if there was anything else, and I might have mentioned that he could certainly be a bit more patient with people.  He said thank you, but I think that's the standard issue reply when phone support receives a complaint.  It was wretched.  If you've had this experience then I think you know that I was never so tempted to say "Look, I'm not stupid, but this is going to take a few minutes, asshole".  I was never so glad to get off of the phone, and was so hoping I would not have to call back.  My photos are there, so I'm good to go.  Now I wait for the box to ship my old computer back, for which I will receive $130.  Not much.  But what else would I do with it?  They don't make very good paper weights.  First I will have to restore it to factory reset, but I know how to do that, because last year the computer just froze and nothing would bring it back.  Luckily I had backups.

So, for now, I have the latest and greatest ~ although by no means the most expensive.  I could have easily spend 2 to 4 times as much.  But really, now that I'm not in school, what's the point?  I do a little blogging, a little research and shopping, and that's about it.  It'll be passé in 6 months if that long.  But I am so happy that I have speed again ~ vroom vroom! 😀

**********

I forgot to mention yesterday that Ms Loud mentioned to me that the pedophile ring (QAnon) killed Tom Hanks.  Oh, yeah, he's dead ~ didn't you know?  I swear.  

Love, 365

6 comments:

  1. Congrats on the arm jab and flowers. Well deserved. Computer/cell phone customer service is the worst these days. When I got my new iPhone, it wasn't set up properly and it took way longer than it should to rectify that situation. My condolences to the Hanks family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, it took so much longer due to the fact I had to keep asking him to repeat himself. And for pete's sake, slow down! He was on step 3 before I was done with step 1.
      Tom Hanks is not dead.

      Delete
  2. Gosh I hope Mrs. Loud didn't breed!
    I love getting new computer - talking to India as you have read on my blog is so damn frustrating!!
    I'm so sorry you had to go through this. I seem to have to a lot lately.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ms Loud has two grown children and three grandchildren. Her kids have currently cut her out ~ and no wonder. They don't buy in to the conspiracies like she does. It's really sad that she is unable to censor herself when she's around people that just don't want to hear it.
      Oh, yes, I recall now your frustrations with the India call center. I imagine we are not their favorite people to speak to.... "what?" "could you say that again?" and so on.

      Delete
  3. Mrs. Loud needs to have someone watching her. Is she armed?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course she is!! One day I commented on how cute her purse was...she hands it to me and it was very heavy. Knowing she has a concealed carry (of course!) I asked, you bring your gun to work every day??? Yep.

      Delete

Drivers just wanna be first........

 This is my signature meme for drivers, haha.  I remember drivers ed....we've seen the consequences on the highway and streets when peop...