December 29, 2021

On the mend.....


 A little taste of New Year's Eve at our house in a few days...    ;D

I am returning to my usual self ~ I thought I would be at work today, but yesterday I had another bout with nausea and decided to treat myself to another day at home.  So, I've been planning the food for New Year's Day, for the couple we invited to come over a month ago.  I hope they are still planning to come!  Just wondering if they are hesitant since I've been sick for a week :-)  Maybe I better check to see if they're still planning on coming before I do too much more.

So, I've missed the Nativity services at church, and a wedding yesterday.  I am bummed about that, but life moves forward, so I'm doing my best to focus on today.

My grandson, who is 1 1/2, has been so sick with allergies and an ear infection.  My DIL said he is feeling much better and hopes he'll be back to his usual by the weekend.  I certainly hope so, he sounded so terrible on the phone on Christmas. 

Well, I want to take advantage of feeling better and finish cleaning out my closet, do some laundry, and clean my stove top.   Fun times!

Love, 365

6 comments:

  1. Forget the stove top and the laundry. Make a vasilopita. It's only a cake with a lucky coin .😊
    Hope all your family is well and you keep healthy all through these celebrations, and after!!
    Look after yourself and all the best to your grandson

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, yeah, maybe I should skip the stove top cleaning. But I have to do laundry…..can’t be running around in dirty clothes, haha. Ah, the lucky coin. I think I have some old Canadian coins I can use. That sure sounds more fun than cleaning the stove top. Thanks for the reminder!

      Delete
  2. All those 'start the new year with a clean house' resolutions... chuck it aside, like Joan Rivers said you'll only have to do it all agsin in 6 months. Party like there's no tomorrow and worry about tomorrow tomorrow. Have a good new year celebration.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My friend and her husband ~ they are both cooks. You know, the kind that have taken culinary classes. But, I suppose they will hardly bat an eyelash at a dirty stove top. Joan Rivers was such a hoot.

      Delete
  3. I've become so paranoid. I was reading that nausea was a symptom of Omicron if vaccinated. I've had nausea, fatigue, sore throat. Those are the symptoms but thankfully I tested negative both times. So I guess it is something else going around. I hope you feel better soon! No fun having a party at your house and you don't feel like yourself. Happy New Year to you both!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good to hear you are doing a bit better! I do hope your grandson feels better soon! Nothing worse than a little one that doesn't feel good. Hopefully you'll still be able to enjoy your New Year's gathering!

    betty

    ReplyDelete

Drivers just wanna be first........

 This is my signature meme for drivers, haha.  I remember drivers ed....we've seen the consequences on the highway and streets when peop...