March 13, 2024

False spring is over.....

 

I took this photo of a ranunculus I bought a few days before.  They are such beautiful flowers ~ so delicate and brightly colored.  I don't know how long they will last, but they should do OK until it gets hot.  I planted strawberries in the same raised planter, which was probably dumb, since they need full sun and the ranunculus likes a bit of shade.  I wanted to plant a creeping vinca today, and some of my herb seeds, but it has turned cold and windy.  False spring is over for a few days!  This is how it will be, warm and sunny for 3 or 4 days, and then it'll get cold again.  

Zoē is doing great.  Back to her normal energetic and hungry self.  Her incision is healing well, and I figure in a couple more days, the little bit of swelling and redness will be gone.  I am really glad that's over!  Luckily she isn't focused on licking it all the time...I only notice it once a day.  

I have been quilting....something I haven't done in a few years.  I guess I just had a bug, and wanted to make my youngest a quilt.  I am probably about 1/3 of the way, with lots to go.  I had forgotten how expensive fabric is these days.  I bought a large spindle of cotton quilting thread, and that stupid thing was over $20.  It'll last a very long time, at least.

I am very excited to go clothes shopping with some of my church friends tomorrow afternoon.  I don't even remember the last time I did that!  It's supposed to be a "sip and shop", so I assume there will be wine there.  I wouldn't mind a little!

Enjoy the rest of your week!

Love, 365

1 comment:

  1. You were right. The flower I was given is ranunculus. Such rich colour. Have fun sipping and shopping. Great combo

    ReplyDelete

Drivers just wanna be first........

 This is my signature meme for drivers, haha.  I remember drivers ed....we've seen the consequences on the highway and streets when peop...