March 25, 2024

Shall we go crazy? Yes, I think we shall.......

 There are a lot of things on my mind lately.  One of them is my upcoming colonoscopy.  Which I don't want.  

I had one scheduled last fall, but I ended up with a migraine and didn't go (this was after I had already gone through the entire prep).  I did not relish dry heaves on the drive there.  Haha  So I rescheduled, and it's in about 10 days.  I haven't even bought my prep stuff yet.  Don't worry though ~ I am a pro at crastination.  My doc gave me permission to take ibuprophen to prevent the migraine, even though it may increase bleeding.  

I am also one of a three person team that buys and then decorates with flowers during Lent.  It's at least a once a week endeavor.  I also bake the prosphoro, but after this Sunday, I only have one more date, so I can deal with that.  The decorating I am really thinking a lot about is the kouvoulikon (see below):



 I will be responsible for ordering and designing the flowers for this year ~ my first go at it.  I have a max budget of 1,500, but I am already at 850 and still need to order more.  Flowers have really gone up in price.  Someone was explaining that companies that used to grow flowers are now growing pot, because they make a lot more money.  Plus, our Easter is on May 5th, right around Mother's Day, and flowers always go up then as well.  

So, right in the middle of Lent, I'm having this dratted colonoscopy.  

I even went online about the idea of not doing it.  And every single one, said do it.  So, I will do it, but I don't have to be happy about it.  I suppose no one is, right?  Could be worse, sure I know that.  It's just a screening, not armageddon.  Lol

Enjoy your week....and I hope you aren't getting the snow we're getting right now!

Love, 365



7 comments:

  1. I had a colonoscopy a couple of months ago and I’m a big worrier. The prep was not bad at all and honestly the procedure was done and over and painless before I knew it. I’m hoping yours goes well, too! - Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kouvoulikon. That's the first time I've heard that. Here we call them epitaphio. All the neighbourhood supplies flowers and decorates. That's a big job you've taken on. I'm sure you'll do a wonderful job.
    As for the pros fora, your loaves are epic. Ftoo ftoo ftoo. Don't want to put the evil eye on you lol
    Do have your colonoscopy! Listen to Jenn. It's never as bad as you imagine it to be.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ps Although the word kouvoulikon is Greek for some reason it's not used. Epitaphio covers everything from the decorated canopy to the cloth and the service

      Delete
    2. A friend of mine at church calls it the Epitaphio...interesting that it is interchangeably called both here! It is a huge job. Luckily there will be lots of help in the decorating.

      Delete
  3. Is this your first one? The prep is the worst part. They tell you to start at 7pm but if I did that I'd be up all night sitting on the commode. I started earlier so I could get some sleep. If they could figure out that prep part, it'd be a breeze!!! It's like the best nap you've ever had!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, it's not my first one. I was scheduled a few months ago, and had gone through the entire prep, and then ended up with a migraine and couldn't go. The prep is what it is, it's the actual procedure is the part I don't want to do! Anesthesia always make me super nauseous.

      Delete

Drivers just wanna be first........

 This is my signature meme for drivers, haha.  I remember drivers ed....we've seen the consequences on the highway and streets when peop...