July 28, 2015

Measuring time & distance....

What the hell is that thing?  (Google maps)

I pulled this photo from Google map photos....very odd.  I suppose it could be the top of a building, but considering how small the rest of the buildings are, it could be a parking lot.  Although I've never seen a triangular parking lot.  I think it might be aliens.

This morning when I left my house to go to work, I decided to see if I could really make it to work in the 13 minutes Google maps predicted.  Before I began working at this new office, I searched the well known site so that I could get to work on time, but not arrive too early.  The estimated time was 13 minutes.  I hadn't ever tested it out, so figured I would do it this morning.  Now, I have a "highway" that I live right next to.  I put quotation marks around it, because for years we just thought of it as a road in Albuquerque like all the others.  But since assholes have illegal contests of speed (racing) on it like clockwork on Friday and Saturday nights, and we used to call the police to complain, we were told that city cops don't patrol that particular street because "it's highway #(whatever)" and under the jurisdiction of the state highway patrol.  How typical to pass the buck.

I left my house at 7:27am, and arrived at work at 7:40.  13 minutes, right?  However, in order to get there that quickly, I realized I was speeding.  Even so, I was riding along with the traffic.  Everyone was going 5 to 10 mph over the posted speed limit.  I was a bit freaked out at first, but then I remembered the city cops telling me they don't patrol that particular stretch of road.  So, I guess it is a 13 minute ride.  

Love, 365

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shall we go crazy? Yes, I think we shall.......

 There are a lot of things on my mind lately.  One of them is my upcoming colonoscopy.  Which I don't want.   I had one scheduled last f...