April 23, 2016

In honor of dragons........

Bing images search....wish I could draw like this

Game of Thrones, anyone???  We are eagerly anticipating the season premier tomorrow.  We are sooo ready.  We've been watching some of the older seasons to catch up, and it's amazing the details you notice the second time around.  Of course, I love the dragons.  Too bad they are not under Danerous control any longer....but that should be interesting as well.

Bing images....

In other news, I thought I was going to have to shell out major dough to repair my aging SUV.  Wednesday night I noticed my 4 wheel drive indicator was blinking.  It wasn't fully engaged, nor would it fully engage.  Stuck.  So, I called my son who is a mechanic, and he tried all he knew to try and disengage it, to no avail.  I called a tow truck at about 5:40.  They didn't make it to us until 8:10, so I didn't get home until about 8:30.  Nearly 3 hours of frustration and irritation.  I don't know what was going on ~ maybe there were a ton of accidents and broken down vehicles?  I was pretty ticked off though.  If the tow company had been honest with me with a real time frame, Romeo and I would have gone down the street and had dinner while waiting.  But because they kept saying 30-45 minutes, I was concerned that we would be gone when they arrived, thereby leaving me up the creek again.  So....there you go. 

The next morning just as I woke up, I remembered that at luch Wednesday, I was sitting in my SUV, eating lunch and going through my mail, I had taken off my shoes, and was resting my left foot on the dash....near the 4 wheel drive button.  I must have pressed on it with my foot although I don't recall for sure, but I must have!  How else would it have happened?  I've conveniently left off that recollection and not shared with Romeo or my son.  I simply can't admit that I might have pressed that dratted button with my foot.  Nope.  No way.

As it turns out, the jostling of being loaded and off loaded on the tow must have helped disengage the 4 wheel drive, because when the shop started it the next morning, all was well.  But I was sweating it out that we might have a 2-3 thousand dollar repair bill no thanks to me and my stupid left foot.


In sadder news, my eldest called me to let me know that it looks like the marriage is over.  He is looking for an apartment this weekend, and will probably move out next weekend.  I am so sad, but can do nothing but support my son.  I don't live close enough to them to know all the details.  My son is rather upset about it, and all I can do is mutter platitudes over the phone.  Frustrating.  However, I'm happy enough to listen, and offer advise if asked.  Now, what to do with being Facebook friends with my soon to be ex-daughter-in-law??  I have been considering contacting her on FB messenger letting her know that to preserve her privacy on FB, I will be "unfriending" her so that I don't have to read her posts, and she doesn't have to worry about me reading them either.  I don't know the protocol here....what would you do?

Love, 365



No comments:

Post a Comment

Drivers just wanna be first........

 This is my signature meme for drivers, haha.  I remember drivers ed....we've seen the consequences on the highway and streets when peop...