April 10, 2016

Sick of being sick

"Cough, sniff, sneeze, blow nose.....repeat" (Bing images)

On Monday, March 28th, I sat at the desk in class preparing to take my mid-term ~ for which I had spent the majority of Easter weekend studying for.  One of the students was to give a presentation just prior to the exam, so I figured I would do a quick review while he was talking.....only he didn't prepare for the correct topic, so our prof. decided to go directly to the exam.  Dolt.  I immediately felt a surge of adrenaline, and a headache.  I stumbled through the exam, barely able to see.  One fill in the bland question completely eluded me, so as I usually do, I did eveything else and came back to it.....and finally decided on an answer, although it just didn't seem right.  

So began the last two weeks of just feeling miserable.  I was taking ibuprophen every day, just to get through it.  Then I decided it must be allergies, as anyone with a nose seems to be suffering from an unusually tough allergy season....although I never take any allergy meds, and haven't had any serious problems since that 3 year period when we lived in Eugene, Oregon.  (The mold, omg, the mold!).  So on Wednesday I ran to Target at lunch and bought some Flonase.  Which takes 3-5 days to truly be effective (damn it!).  Finally by Thursday I decided I had a sinus infection and asked one of my Doc's to prescribe an antibiotic.  Now, four days later, I am finally feeling better.

I never realized how awful sinus infections are, never having had one before.  The low grade fever, the constant headaches from sinus pressure, a general feeling of crappiness. 

On Monday the 4th of April, I had to skip class as one of my co-workers fell off a ladder over the weekend, and tore the ligaments out of her knee (she will need surgery), so I texted my Prof. to let her know, and asked about my exam ~ and found out that I ACED it, and had the highest grade in the class.  You could have knocked me over with a feather.  So, even though I felt like shit, it seems my brain can still churn out the answers....whew.  

Love, 365


2 comments:

  1. Sinus infections are AWFUL (especially when your sinuses are all messed up from years of putting drugs up your nose). I hope you feel better ASAP!

    Hope the exam results are good. I've noticed that the people who are most nervous and who second guess themselves tend to get very high marks on exams...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, yes, sinus infections ARE awful. I'm glad I don't have them routinely like some of my friends do.
      I did extremely well on the test, and earned the highest score in the class, which surprised the hell out of me! I don't agree with the second guessing though, because whenever I do, I discover my initial answer was the right one.
      I'm learning to trust my instincts. Finally.

      Delete

Shall we go crazy? Yes, I think we shall.......

 There are a lot of things on my mind lately.  One of them is my upcoming colonoscopy.  Which I don't want.   I had one scheduled last f...