July 22, 2017

Saturday energy....

Mini garden......

Maybe it's just because it's Saturday and I don't have to go right to work, but I woke up feeling good and energized this morning.  I've already done 2 loads of laundry, cleaned up the kitchen, emptied the trash and recycling and wanted to swiffer the floor, but apparently we don't have the cloths that you use with it.  I may feel great and energized, but I'm not really interested yet in vacuuming, tee hee.  I'll save that for later, which could mean tomorrow.  I have books to return to the library, and I need to go shopping for a few things.  

I don't like shopping as much as I used to, and do much of it online these days, but there are some things that I prefer to try on, despite my dislike of dressing rooms.  Is it the lighting?  The mirrors?  All I know is that I'm always horrified at how I look in dressing rooms.  

I spoke to my co-workers on Tuesday about the class I'd like to take this fall and was pleasantly surprised that there was no real opposition.  I think I've found a great way to approach them, giving them a list of 3 classes, and basically let them chose which one would be the least disruptive.  What I didn't tell them was that there is a class on Tues & Thurs that starts at 5:30.  I didn't want to take that one partly because it wasn't a subject I'm interested in, and partly because taking a class after work makes for a very long day, and I'm not as thrilled at walking around the campus after dark.  The bosses don't have to pay me while I'm gone, and I get a nice break from work.  Win, win.

I hope to get around to working on a project, doing some chalk lettering for the office.  It will give me some practice for my office chalk board, which has been leaning against the wall for 6 months now.  I really need to get to it while I'm on break from classes.  

Well, looks like the dryer is done, so need to empty that and get ready to run my errands.  I hope all of you have a wonderful weekend!

Love, 365

4 comments:

  1. I need the secret to waking up energized.I begrudgingly did 3 loads of laundry and washed the 1st floor, watered all plants and trimmed on the patio, cleaned the kitchen and also blew off the carpet on the stairs and 2nd and 3rd floors.
    Shopped for groceries and decided I was done after putting them away. It's Saturday I said to myself and was lazy the rest of the day after putting food in the crockpot. I need a day of energized, pass it on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmmm.....looks like our definition of energized differs somewhat, lol. Begrudging is how I always do housework!

      Delete
  2. I don't ever wake up energized. I'm tired and feel like crap most mornings. :)

    But I spent the last week in Eastern Oregon at my mom and dad's house.. dehoarding. And came home to my hoard last night. Now I have to get it cleaned up. Because wading through all that shit really got my attention.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds awful! I could loan you Romeo who has been known to throw out shit we needed and purchased again - on occasion.

      Delete

False spring is over.....

  I took this photo of a ranunculus I bought a few days before.  They are such beautiful flowers ~ so delicate and brightly colored.  I don&...