July 2, 2017

Happy 4th! Let the grilling begin.....

Thought I'd start with this little gem I saw on The Feral Irishman's blog.  

Yesterday we had our last class meeting ~ yeah, on Saturday at 8am.  I'm glad I won't have to set my alarm for 5:30 on my days off anymore.  Of course, I have until the 7th to finish my paper and turn it in, so I'm also glad to have off Monday and Tuesday (& today of course!) to get a lot of it done.  

On Friday we had two guest lecturers and then left at 10:40 to go to Abiquiu to view Georgia O'Keeffe's home, 






It was a very long day....started at 8am and we didn't get home until after 7, then I made oatmeal raisin cookies and prepared a power point with photos to describe my project, a discussion on the architecture of the old Albuquerque airport terminal.  We were to meet at 8am (omg, I was so tired), and bring whatever we wanted for an informal pot-luck.  

We ended up with:
6 dozen donuts
bagels & cream cheese (she even brought her toaster!)
Liam brough soda and sandwiches
5 plates of fruit
all kinds of drinks, but no coffee (what!!!), which I suspected, so brought my own

As you can see from the photo, there aren't that many of us....so there were lots of leftovers.  I declined taking a dozen donuts.  My butt doesn't need those, no matter how yummy they might be, ha ha.

So, although I will not miss setting my alarm for so early in the morning, it was a phenominal class.  The instructor was wonderful.  Kind, but not letting you off the hook ~ one of my classmates (a graduate student no less) asked if she could present her project next Friday.  Obviously she wasn't paying attention.  But beyond that, and overlooking the somewhat chaotic scheduling (which changed every week it seemed), it opened up the subject of architecture as part of our history...can't wait to explore it further, as New Mexico has a unique architectual history.

Enjoy your 4th of July holiday, everyone!  
Love, 365


3 comments:

  1. A relief to have it over, but it sounds like it was at least entertaining. I would love to see some of those places, they look fascinating.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a lot of fun...totally worth the tuition cost, unlike some other classes I've taken, ha ha. New Mexico is full of archaeological sites, and although we've seen more than the average resident, there are still many more to visit. It's one of the reasons I love living here....

      Delete
  2. Thank you! And you and your family as well!

    ReplyDelete

Shall we go crazy? Yes, I think we shall.......

 There are a lot of things on my mind lately.  One of them is my upcoming colonoscopy.  Which I don't want.   I had one scheduled last f...