January 20, 2018

Study break.....

Lauren Davis during play with Halep........(Bing images)

Last night we tuned in to watch the Australian Open and happened to choose the Halep/Davis game ~ omg, it was one epic battle, very exciting and dramatic.  If you didn't see it last night, I highly recommend you watch the replay.  Toward the end there were lost toenails and tremendous leg cramps.  I thought Davis played brilliantly despite her many errors...she never gave up, which made me very proud to be an American!  I will be watching her matches in the future, she is a real dynamo.  I do like Halep, she has worked very hard to reach her #1 status.....but being who I am, I always defer to the underdog or the American.  Incredible play, and likely will be the best match of the entire tournament.

Meanwhile, in the Stone Age......(Bing images)

Wow, this class is going to keep me busy.  In our first week there is a "get acquainted" post, a "why study the Stone Age" post, a journal post that should be 300-500 words, and a quiz.  I haven't done the last two yet, still trying to wrap my mind around all the geography in the first two readings.  As usual, so far I notice the students who don't really have a clue and those that have extensively studied our ancient history.  Should be interesting.  

The second class ~ the one I have to drive to the Uni for is National Parks and American culture.  I mentioned the reading for it in a previous post.  Turns out this is the first time this class has been offered and was happy to see there are no exams, just a few quizzes and papers to write.  I wasn't sure how I was going to feel about this class based on the first readings, but I think I will enjoy it.  Major plus is the grad student that is teaching it has a great sense of humor.  Always appreciated.

Today is my birthday, so will have a rare treat of eating out.  I chose PF Changs, I love their food although I'm not a big fan of their desserts.  Maybe after we'll go get an ice cream cone somewhere.  I haven't had ice cream in over a year, so that will be a rare treat as well.  Otherwise, it's a usual Saturday, with laundry and study!  I might need to hop on the treadmill and work off some of the excess, haha.

Have a great weekend!
Love, 365

8 comments:

  1. I remember hanging on every shot of 3-4 hour matches between McEnroe and Connors or Lendle or a whole bunch of great players, Evert, Navralatova et al, but have not watched for years. Not really sure why, they are great matches, combination of skill and endurance not found in many sports.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, there were some fantastic players then! The game is so much faster now, so it’s usually very exciting unless it’s one sided. Still, it was a great game and worth watching!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday!
    I'm not getting any younger. Are you? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, but we aren't allowed :-) Thanks for the birthday wishes! It was really nice to go out for dinner, and funny to watch Romeo scarf like he hadn't eaten in days......

      Delete
  4. Happy Belated Birthday!! I hope you had a glorious day of spoiling.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did have a fun birthday! I still have 1/2 a cheesecake to eat!

      Delete
  5. Happy very belated birthday! Another blog post today got me interested in William the Conqueror and his taking over England in 1066. It ain't the stone age but I think I'll read up on it anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for sharing valuable information nice post,I enjoyed reading this post.

    หนังไซไฟ

    ReplyDelete

False spring is over.....

  I took this photo of a ranunculus I bought a few days before.  They are such beautiful flowers ~ so delicate and brightly colored.  I don&...