January 5, 2018

Wheeeeeeeee!

Unexpected day off......(Bing images)

It is likely that most dental offices were slammed during the holidays.....the kids and teachers are on holiday break, and Sandia Labs employees are off for a week between Christmas and New Years.  We were certainly busy, with people trying to use the last of their benefits and FSA cards.  We like busy days (as long as we manage it well.....sometimes there's chaos which isn't so fun) ~ the doctors are happy to be busy, and the day flies by.  But, as soon as the holiday is over, the patient load drops off, and on top of that, we have cancellations due to all the flu, colds, etc going on.  

To be fair, there are folks who were waiting for the new year to start dental work because they had used all their benefits during 2017, so next week looks almost as slammed at the week after Christmas.  

Now, on to the unexpected......the bad news is my boss has the flu.  Poor man, his wife had been sick, and she shared ~ isn't it nice when the spouse shares?  So, he didn't come in yesterday and wasn't planning on coming in today.  Since our hygienist is out, we were gifted an unexpected day off.  It's not with pay, but since we're at the first of the year, I have lots of PTO (paid time off), and I'll be using it.  

The first thing I did was text my racquetball peeps that I would be able to play today.....but I have other things I need to take care of as well, including the dreaded mammogram.  I am not excited about it, but plan to get it done.  Ugh.  

In a week, I'm taking another painting class.......you know, where you paint and drink?  I probably won't drink much, but I'm excited for the subject.

Sure, it's kind of crude, but I think that adds to the charm. Should be fun ~ a beer and appetizer are included!  
*******************************************
One of the goals for 2018 is cutting back on my e-mails.....wow, I had no idea I had signed up for so many notifications!  I started this at the end of December, and I've had at least one unsubscribe every day.  Now I receive 3-5 instead of 15-25.  I'm still working on it, and unsubscribed to two this morning.  Definitely a work in progress.  Simplify....I suppose that's one of the goals I have for this year.

Have a wonderful day........
Love, 365

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drivers just wanna be first........

 This is my signature meme for drivers, haha.  I remember drivers ed....we've seen the consequences on the highway and streets when peop...