March 17, 2018

Happy St Patrick's Day!

(Bing Images)

Thank goodness for St Patrick's Day, as I couldn't for the life of me figure out a good title for today's post :-)

It has been really nice not having class this week.  I was able to go to Ladies Night racquetball and had so much fun.  I do know what I'm missing... :-( 

I had given a thought or two about reading ahead, or gathering thoughts on the research paper for history, but I ended up not doing either.  I don't know if its just laziness or a breather.  The next two months will go by quickly as I have two research papers, one for each class.  That's not something I'm looking forward to.  No matter how much I enjoy the classes, it does absorb much of my free time.  

Last week & this week at work has been interesting.  The Doc's were scheduled to give us a "review" which I put in quotations because it was one of the most pitiful reviews I've ever had.  The OM started it, and the Doc finished it off.  As I said, it was completely lacking in substance.  I finally found out how much more I'll be earning, which was more than I expected.  Then at the monthly staff meeting she announced that our raises (so everyone ended up getting one after all) would begin on April 1st.  So, it took 4 pay periods before I will get the raise I was told I would get the first week of February.  It's like molasses in January, the way things happen around here.  

Ms. Loud, who as you may recall was the most vocal of the employees in complaining about not having a raise has settled down, and the days go by like they have before all of this started.  Although she is annoying (oh my god she says the same things every single day, like "Wow, we're so busy!") I just do my thing and try to ignore it.  I pride myself on being able to get along with most anyone, but she does press my limits sometimes.  A month from now she'll be gone for two weeks, which should be a nice break.

(Bing images)

Perhaps I'm just slow on the uptake (haha) but I've been noticing Romeo has become much more sensitive in the past 10 years....now it's to the point that I really need to quit being irritated by it and manage my reactions more constructively.  I've been thinking about it a lot the past few weeks and reading some articles (this one is a good one) and sadly I'm just now realizing that he's always been sensitive.  Shame on me.  But it's not always a piece of cake either.  We had an argument last week and I realized I didn't handle the situation very well.  Luckily, I was able to hug and apologize, and let him know how much I love him and all was forgiven.  The biggest aha moment was when I figured out that most of our arguments stem from something trivial, and it was usually my reaction made it spin out of control.  So, something I need to work on.  The big takeaway is that we never really quite learning about our partners, no matter how long you've been together.  It's like a plant that requires constant attention and work.  Let's not take each other for granted and make sure we show appreciation for each other.

Love, 365

3 comments:

  1. Happy St. Patrick's Day to you. I hope it was a good one. Things were good here. My wife and I don't argue often, but when we do it's usually over something insignificant. I thought we were the only ones that did that :)
    R

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, are you still looking for a job? I worked three years as a job coach for people over 50 looking for a job. The program was BACK TO WORK 50+ and is funded by the AARP Foundation (the charity arm of AARP.)
    It's a great program that can give you access to free tools that are very helpful in finding work. I helped a lot of people here in Alabama. It's a free program and worth your time. I'm not sure if there's a place in New Mexico that offers it, but it wouldn't hurt to check.
    Rick

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am happily working for a company that supports my education by allowing me to leave for classes (although I do have to obtain an ok from my co-workers). However, I appreciate your help with options! Thank you :-)

    ReplyDelete

Drivers just wanna be first........

 This is my signature meme for drivers, haha.  I remember drivers ed....we've seen the consequences on the highway and streets when peop...