March 11, 2018

Mishmash Sunday.... :-)

This isn't my photo, can't recall the person's name who took it
but in the far reaches of New Mexico (Las Cruces I believe)
there is unbelievable beauty in this place....and I love it.

Today started out as nearly every Sunday for the past year, except for the time clock of course.  It didn't bother me today, but come Tuesday morning, it'll bother me.  I hate the time change, although I enjoy the extended hours of daylight that comes with it.  Do I think that DST works?  Nope.  While discussing it with my racquetball friends this morning, Carol said she thought we should quit messing with the time and leave it........although on some level I agree, it's my opinion that the working people want it.  Retired people don't really care, because for them it's the same number of sunlight during the day.  It's those of us who are still working that like the sun to be out longer after work.  It's a system whose time has come and gone, science has proven it doesn't truly save any energy, and the health effects are downright scary.  Interesting conundrum, huh?

It's spring break week here in Albuquerque for college students.  Romeo doesn't get spring break until the last week in March, which happens to coincide with Easter and Good Friday.  I'm looking forward to the break in the usual, although I also admit that I wish I could get a bit of a head start in one of my classes.  I actually could start working on a research paper for the history class, but since our instructor is infamous for changing things up at the last minute, I guess I'll just enjoy a week of no 60 page readings or quizzes.

We're going to try making Vietnamese rolls for dinner tonight....never tried them before but they looked so good, we decided to give them a go.  If they are as good as they look, I'll share the recipe.  Otherwise, we're just going to kick back and watch the Indian Wells tennis tournament, and later Walking Dead.  It's cold and windy outside, and I'm so thankful I have a nice warm and safe place to be today.......

Love, 365

4 comments:

  1. You're right, I'm retired and it really doen't matter to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I were retired. It hasn't bothered me, I love DST,only the other way around due to my dog. :-)
    Beautiful photo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love DST, but I don't love adjusting to the time change, which takes me at least a week. 5:30 is so much earlier than it was last week. (I know, wah wah wah)

      Delete

False spring is over.....

  I took this photo of a ranunculus I bought a few days before.  They are such beautiful flowers ~ so delicate and brightly colored.  I don&...