August 21, 2018

Sort of a sick day.....

Just outside of Abiquiu

Yesterday I had to leave work 30 minutes early with the beginnings of a migraine (always fun, driving with one...picture the a/c on full blast with my darkest sunglasses on).  I made it home in better shape than I usually do (probably because I left early enough).  Romeo was already home, and is familiar with the routine of my flopping on the couch, throwing an arm over my eyes and sleeping for a few hours.  Then he brings me back to life with oyster crackers and a carbonated drink.  

After one of these lovely periodic bouts, I am tired and still slightly headachy.  So I decided last night I would skip work today.  So, that's the reason I'm writing on a Tuesday instead of working.  I sent the text to the Doc and the OM (office manager) at 6:30am this morning.  So different from my previous job where I had to be on my death bed if I was missing work ~ my previous boss is a little tyrant.  Literally, I am taller than he is.  I am not the only one that believes that his being so small is no "small part" ~ haha ~ of his problem.  So, it's a real relief to be able to call in and not be grilled or made to feel guilty for taking a day off.

I do have my first class today, which I will not miss.  Missing the first day of class is to be avoided at all costs.  Your professor will cast a jaded eye on you for the entire semester ~ that is unless you are brilliant.  Brilliant people in college are like super models.  They get away with a lot.  I am not one of them.  I have to study and put in the hours to reach "smart" level.  Which never stops me from occasionally blurting out something stupid ~ there are times when I just have to get it out of my system.  

Now, I think I'll take a little nap before class.

Love, 365



4 comments:

  1. Enjoy your first day of class. I hope the migraines stay away. Those are so awful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. After all that I had another migraine just as I was to leave for class. I had to stay home and hug the toilet. Fun, fun. So now I'll have to deal with the jaded eye.

      Delete
  2. Migraines suck.
    I went to work today.
    I am persona non grata.
    Which I expected.

    Feel better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't make it to class.....I prayed to the porcelain gods instead. That's the problem with my migraines, is that I always become extremely nauseous and the sweat just pores off of me. I don't normally have two in a row. Lucky me.

      Delete

Drivers just wanna be first........

 This is my signature meme for drivers, haha.  I remember drivers ed....we've seen the consequences on the highway and streets when peop...