August 3, 2018

For Pete's sake......


You guessed it, I still don't have a final grade for my summer class.  Technically they have until midnight tonight to post final grades after a class has ended, but I've never had to wait so long before.  I've checked 3 to 4 times a day since Wednesday (but was checking at least once a day since Monday).  

On the plus side I returned my rental text book from Amazon, and apparently since I haven't had the book that long, they are refunding me the full price of the rental minus the UPS label for the return.  I'm certainly OK with that.  I guess they don't realize there are 4 week classes.  

We have had rain nearly every evening this week since last Friday (when we had and inch of hail).  Things will start to green up around here, although I think there's no hope for our Aspen tree.  It's green toward the bottom, but the top main trunk is dead.  We're not taking it out until the fall, although Romeo may decide to let it go until next spring.  As with all Aspens, there is a small tree just underneath the old one that we will just let grow into a new tree.  At one point Aspen groves were considered the largest living organism on earth until they discovered that there are types of fungus that grow much larger ~ the Humongous Fungus, which is in Oregon.  

I'm cleaning up all the paper that I accumulated from the class, and getting ready for the next one which starts on Aug. 21.  Not very long.....July went by in a flash.

I hope y'all enjoy your Friday and the weekend to come!

Love, 365

6 comments:

  1. I enjoyed the cartoon and seems entirely plausible to me. Good luck with the grade and enjoy the time off until your next class. Have a great weekend yourself and thanks for reading some of my older blog posts. The vasectomy monologues will never be forgotten. It was such a horrible week. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you stopped in! I love that cartoon, it's (nearly) evolution in a nutshell. One of my coworker's husband has his vasectomy coming up ~ I had no idea! At least it was only a week, haha. You write well.....

      Delete
  2. They hold stuff until the last minute just to piss you off and discourage you.
    Don't let it work!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, drat. I thought I would have my grade this morning, but no. It seems that the grad student who taught the class had surgery scheduled right after class ended, and she was farming out our final papers. Apparently that gives them some leeway on posting grades. I will have to be pacient, paseint.....oh hell, who am I kidding, I can't even spell it.

      Delete
  3. I love the cartoon. I’m sure you’ll do well in the class.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, it would certainly be nice to know for sure. Arghh.

      Delete

Drivers just wanna be first........

 This is my signature meme for drivers, haha.  I remember drivers ed....we've seen the consequences on the highway and streets when peop...