December 15, 2018

Catching up.......


Yesterday was a whirlwind ~ racquetball with my peeps in the morning, the grocery store with my list in hand for today's baking extravaganza,  vacuuming and mopping along with cleaning the stove top and putting away miscellaneous junk, cleaning the counter tops, a quick dinner of salmon and salad, and then another couple of hours putting together cookies that need to be refrigerated before baking.    I was done by 8 pm, so we watched another episode of The Last Kingdom.  I think it's only on Netflix, but I'm not sure.  This is the story of the beginnings of what we now call England, and is based on the books by Bernard Cornwell.  He writes some ass kicking history novels.  Jeez, how did I go from busy to history?  It's like my mind just races from one place to another for no apparent reason.....

I invited *Barb to come and bake Christmas cookies today.  She asked me if I have decorating stuff, which I don't.  I've never done the fancy sugar cookies with icing as a decor.  In my family we always used those silly colored sprinkles ~ you know, the ones that fall off when you eat them?  I decided I'm not using those anymore and was content with plain ol' cookies, but apparently Barb has some skills.  Now I just have to find my bag and tips ~ I don't even remember the last time I used it.  I'm sure it's in my kitchen somewhere.  ;-/

I really need to get this baking done for the cookie gifts I give out, and with Christmas in 10 days, I need to get going!  And baking is always more fun with a friend.

Love, 365


2 comments:

Drivers just wanna be first........

 This is my signature meme for drivers, haha.  I remember drivers ed....we've seen the consequences on the highway and streets when peop...