December 27, 2018

Nuisances of life......

This isn't my suv, but it's what mine looks like.  
I was surprised that I didn't have many photos of mine. 

When we lived in San Antonio (Texas, of course) I bought an suv ~ a champagne beige Isuzu Rodeo.  It was not a 4wd, nor did it have cup holders.  But I drove it until we moved to Albuquerque and ended up buying another Rodeo in 2003, complete with cup holders, 4 CD player, and 4WD.  It now has over 80,000 miles on it, which is really awesome to have such low mileage for a vehicle that old (almost 16 years).  

I've replaced the tires 3 times, had the oil changed regularly along with the usual filters, had the brakes done, repaired a leaky transmission line, had maintenance done on the 4WD, and had my radiator repaired. 

Recently it has been making noise that it shouldn't.  I knew I needed to take it in.  It's just one of those things you just don't want to do, because you know the outcome!  I could be an inexpensive fix, or not.  But the noise increased in volume and so I quit driving it until I could get it in.

****In the meantime, I somehow became terribly sick with the stomach flu or a migraine (sometimes it just doesn't seem to make a difference).  Beginning Sunday night I began throwing up and you know, the other end was throwing up too, so to speak.  I slept most of Monday and got sick again, and laid around all of Tuesday too ~ Christmas eve and Christmas.  Ho ho ho, very funny, Santa.  By Tuesday night I figured I was going to live after all, and could probably go into work on Wednesday, the same day I was scheduled to take in the suv.

So, yesterday I did hear from the shop, and the "ahem" grand total is 1325.00.  I had to have my timing belt, water pump, tensioner pulley replaced and a coolant flush .  Which at first made me feel like I'm an unlucky loser, then after I had time to think about it I realized that considering the age and mileage, it wasn't all that bad.  Do I have the money for it?  Hell no.  I will not go into the reasons why.  I will have to charge it, which is the very last thing I want to do.  But, at the same time I feel lucky to have the resources to pay, even though I would rather do cash.  I'm just afraid I'll need the cash I do have.  So, here I am.

But the good news was I received a call from the shop, and they figured it would be ready today.  And then guess what happened?  Verizon goes out all across the U.S. (don't you love the "United States of America" label?  For Pete's sake......


So, likely they tried to call me, but everything is going straight to voice mail that I can't access. 
No telling when the phones will be back up, might be tomorrow.  I hope. 

At any rate, I will go down there to pick up my suv, and hopefully I can call and find out if it's ready beforehand.  

Is this one of those "crap comes in threes things"?  

Love, 365

2 comments:

  1. Glad you are feeling better! I have verizon and lost nothing. I don't think it was across the US. Landline, cellular and internet all Verizon for me. Hmm...
    I hear you're getting a blizzard today. Have you ever had snow there? I heard that this morning on the news and was quite surprised. Then again if you are getting snow I imagine you are as well.
    I have an old car and need all of those things you are having done. They quoted me 1600. I've been putting it off but I know I have to do it. 2007 toyota highlander. Runs like a dream and while it is old it's a great car and in great shape. No noises they just said once I hit 100K I need to do all of those types of things. I just hit 100K.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was finally able to call the shop this morning, and it's not quite finished yet...there is another noise they need to check out. :-(. At any rate, the wind is blowing and we have blizzard conditions until Saturday (what the hell!) so I told them that the earliest I would be picking it up ~ assuming it will be ready ~ is Monday, because I'm not venturing out today.
      Yes, we do get snow here every winter. Last year we didn't get much, but one year we had over 20 inches in one go. That was tough, we don't have enough snow plows to handle that!

      Delete

Shall we go crazy? Yes, I think we shall.......

 There are a lot of things on my mind lately.  One of them is my upcoming colonoscopy.  Which I don't want.   I had one scheduled last f...