September 6, 2020

Lazy Sunday......and happy Labor Day!

 

Saw a lot more, this is one of them.....Love, cactus style 😊

Hmmmm, what a great idea!

Well, it has been a pretty boring week, except for that this week Ms Loud has a new theory.  The rapture.  The rapture is an eschatological concept wherein living Christians and those that are "resurrected" are carried up to the clouds to be with or meet the Lord.  Sort of like "Left Behind".  There are quite a few movies in this genre.  I think that perhaps, although she doesn't want to admit it, she is terrified.  The fun never ever ends with this one.  Everyone else is looking forward to fall, and she is preparing for the rapture.  

I shall be very tempted in January to ask her what happened.......but I will not, because that just encourages her to spout off another crazy idea.  

We had a few days in the 80s, but the temps just climb back into the 90s.  It was over 100 for two or three days for my family in south Texas.  My son works as a mechanic in a shop that doesn't air condition the shop.  Cruelty.  

Here's a new Amazon story ~ I ordered Romeo a hands free leash, and when the package came, it was empty.  So, yes, that is correct ~ some automated system sealed the package, put an address label on it, sent it off via UPS,   Where it landed on our doorstep with absolutely nothing in it.  So I sent to Amazon and explained what happened, and of course they agreed to refund me the money.  They did offer to refund me via a gift card so that I could re-order right away, but I declined that offer.  Do I really want to try again? 

I did a search on hands free leashes, and found Iron Doggy.  This is a company in Colorado, so I hoped it would arrive quickly, which it did.  And Romeo loves it.  It has the added bonus of reducing the pulling, it doesn't tangle around the dogs feet or around Romeo's legs if she dashes around him.  I am so relieved, because I've seen some of the areas they hike/run in, and truthfully I was worried she would pull him over onto the rocks, or worse, into a big ol cactus (we have lots and lots of that).  So, if you are interested in a hands free leash, I will put a little promotion out for this company....

Romeo does run with Sioux, but you don't have to be a runner to appreciate hands free dog walking.


Well!  Enjoy your long weekend!  

Love, 365



6 comments:

  1. Hey I just saw on your other blog the news of your college graduation. That's a great accomplishment and one you have every right to be very proud of. Heartiest CONGRATULATIONS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Labrador weekends are the best. We have those all the time with Ms. Frizzle. I might have to try the hands-free leash as I need to do something else with Frizz. I don't mind playing fetch with her but I think she would be a great running buddy. With the way this year has gone, I don't think anyone would be surprised if the rapture did happen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have only 1/2 Lab weekends, since Sioux is part greyhound, haha. The hands-free leash continues to be appreciated. If you like running with Ms Fizzle, it's worth a try!

      Delete
  3. I have one of those hands free leashes. LOL We trained our dog at 5 months and she has never had to be on a leash. In fact the other day I stopped to tie my shoes. She did not hear me say to wait. She was in front of me and stopped as I looked up the sidewalk and she saw me tieing my shoe and came back to me. I know, I got really really lucky. I told someone I should have my dog be the teacher and train all others. We know it is the dog even more than the training. Everyone is always amazed that she never leaves our side. Gets to a curb and sits and looks at us for direction to either cross or wait.I see people on bikes that have their dogs leash tied to the bars of the bike and I just think that looks dangerous for the dog. But I see many many people do it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, you are really lucky. Sioux would come back, but she would also take off to chase another dog, a rabbit, a lizard, another person running (just to run with them, lol), and perhaps into the street without regard to cars. So, with few exceptions, that squirrel is never off the leash. :-)

      Delete

Drivers just wanna be first........

 This is my signature meme for drivers, haha.  I remember drivers ed....we've seen the consequences on the highway and streets when peop...