August 29, 2020

Don't you hate it when......

 

So, this is our new doctor visit.  I haven't had one yet, but Romeo has, and said it was super easy.  My insurance called me a month ago and said they offer a yearly "health assessment" and wanted me to schedule it.  So I did.  Then I changed the day because they had Saturday appointments.....which was today.  
~We hiked a short one today, so that I could be back in time.
~I decided not to go to the church service I signed up for because I didn't want to cancel and reschedule again.
~They were supposed to call me today at 9 am, but by 9:30 I figured they weren't going to call.

Now I am annoyed.  I would have gone to the service.  By the time I figured they weren't keeping their end of the bargain, it was too late to go.  So, I have their number and plan to call them on Monday to ask what happened.  Although I am really irritated, I suppose something happened that prevented the person who was to call from doing so.  

Otherwise, life is moving along.  It isn't exciting.  It's not new stuff, just a rehashing of all the usual stuff.  For the time being work is as it usually is.  Ms Loud is now spouting off a theory that the entire economy is going to collapse in the next couple of months.  She has sold one of her rental properties and is currently buying coins and gold.  I am ignoring her, mostly because...well, because it's her.  

My garden, pitiful as it is 😋 is still producing.  The tomato plant looks rather sad, but hey! there are still tomatoes on it, I picked three off this morning.  The pimento plant is now fruiting, but wow, it really takes a long time.  The serrano pepper is putting out fruit, and for some reason Romeo is freezing them.  I plan to make salsa with them so I suppose if they were previously frozen I suppose there's no harm.  They are really hot, so I'll have to be judicious on how many I put in!  I am already planning next year's garden, and plan to put in at least one more raised bed for next year.

Today is also dog bathing day.  This is not my favorite chore.  Sioux hates baths ~ I suppose most dogs do (although if there's a stream or a lake, she'll jump right in).  We are all enjoying the hikes in the foothills (we live a block from the open space), but she just really gets dirty, and sometimes she rubs against the tires of the cars in the garage, and those black smudges just don't come off without soap and water.

So, sounds like fun, huh?  
Cool heart-shaped cactus....



Enjoy your weekend!  

Love, 365



6 comments:

  1. Is it wrong that I don't know Ms Loud and I want to drive down there (a long trip, and we're in the middle of a pandemic) and just slap her in the head?

    Hope the dogbath was survived by all involved. I LOVE taking a bath... and I can't. I cant get up out of the tub, thanks to the knees.

    ::sigh::

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, how tempting (you coming and slapping her in the head). I do try not to become involved in her craziness, but unfortunately I can't just not listen. This little tidbit was presented in the lunch room with only the two of us.... :-)

      We all survived! And wow, you never realize how dirty a white dog can get until she's actually white again! Let the shedding accelerate!

      Delete
  2. I'm not sure Mrs. Loud is wrong. We can't keep up the fake numbers for a lot longer. GDP is higher than when there was a depression. I think they are manufacturing numbers so it looks good but it's dire. But then again, what do I know? :-) Dog washing is Fridays for me. My dog HATES a bath - swims every day which makes her stinky - but not a bath. A puddle she will roll in, a bath - no way. Funny how that works.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, Ms Loud has taken it a step further and sold one of her rental properties....I have no rental properties to sell, so I guess I will just have to sink with the rest of the world (because I don't believe this is limited to the U.S.). I would just rather she not discuss it with me, because there's nothing I can do......and my brain worries on stuff like that like a dog with a bone and I don't sleep well.

      Delete
  3. I have had a few telehealth calls and they been OK. I hope you got everything cleared up with your doctor. I like the cactus photo. Very cool. Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have the "appointment" rescheduled, but did hear that the person who was to have made those video calls totally dropped the ball ~ she missed all of them. Misery loves company, you know :-)
      I was so surprised to see the cool heart shape, figured that it was so unique! 2 to 3 hikes later, I was seeing them everywhere....

      Delete

Drivers just wanna be first........

 This is my signature meme for drivers, haha.  I remember drivers ed....we've seen the consequences on the highway and streets when peop...