July 9, 2023

I've got practically nothing.........

It looks so lush and green, doesn't it?  This is one of the parks near our house.  I was trying to get a decent photo of the cottonwood fuzzies ~ it looked like it was snowing.  


 

I love the flower, it's so pretty!  But as with other pretty things, it can be prickly.

My tomato plants are doing well, but that's because I water them every day.  Coming up, I might have to start watering twice a day.  100+ for the next 7 days.

One of my teeny bell peppers.  Once they get to this point they grow really fast, but I know it'll take awhile before I pick one.  

I did bake two of the lemon-blueberry sourdough loaves.  We kept one and sold the other.  It's such a great recipe, and ~ so far ~ always comes out great.  

It's just too hot to do anything!  Agreed....

Love, 365





5 comments:

  1. We are at the beginning of a week long heatwave. So far there's a bit of a breeze so it's bearable. Your tomatoes look wonderful. We have plenty this summer but the skins are very tough. I'm going to peel them all and make sauce. Watering is twice a day at the moment too.
    I made a corn meal and flour loaf for hubby the other day and it turned out well. Less glute.
    I'll make some more but your blueberry and lemon sounds far tastier.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's super good. How much corn meal did you put in? That's interesting, never heard of a recipe with cornmeal in it, or maybe it's your own invention?
      The tomatoes are starting to ripen, I have one or two every day. They're so good, I'll really miss them when the season is over (or if I have a catastrophe).

      Delete
  2. As The Eagles said, "the Heat is On" I am not a fan. I want to be like your dog. 🧡

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not a fan either. Ugh. Yeah, I'd like to have the dogs life right now too! Romeo said he saw all of his friends this morning and was running around with them.

      Delete
  3. We are right there with you on the heat. 106 is the forecast for the weekend. Yikes. Everything still looks green though. We are starting to turn brown and yellow here because of the heat.

    ReplyDelete

Drivers just wanna be first........

 This is my signature meme for drivers, haha.  I remember drivers ed....we've seen the consequences on the highway and streets when peop...