December 28, 2023

Not quite done with Christmas......

 

Christmas is not done yet.....Orthodox Christians have 12 days of Christmas that will be over on January 6th.  When I have a tree ~ which we didn't put up this year because of Zoē ~ I don't take it down until 1/6.  Next year we'll have a tree, with hopes that both dogs will, for the most part, leave it alone.  Haha

I found a copycat recipe for the Honey Baked Ham, which have become seriously expensive!  The last time I bought one it was around $60, now it's around $80+.  Nope.  But it turned out pretty darn good, and it was not that hard to do.  Just google it if you are interested in trying it.

The doggies had a little taste, which was a mistake, because they begged until we put it away.  We also have lots of left overs.  For some reason, I don't mind left over ham, but I really can't eat turkey after 2 dinners.  Ugh.

Zoē has decided that snoozing right below my chair in the breakfast area.  There's a sunbeam with her name on it, apparently.  She is doing well, doing better in house training, but still having "accidents".  Only really they aren't accidents so much as "I have to pee and this looks like a fabulous spot!".  We have a whole basket of supplies to clean up with.  All she does with the pee pads is rip them up, but they make great cleanup supplies because they're so absorbent.  So, they won't go to waste.  

Not much else going on around here, thankfully!  May you all have a wonderful New Years, and of course we hope 2024 will bring prosperity, health & happiness, and an end to the wars going on in the world.

Love, 365

 




5 comments:

  1. So entirely with you on the ham versus turkey thing. Ham was always the xmas meat of choice at home in nz - a pure luxury for a family raised on a relentless diet of mutton. (In the lean years we even tried 'mutton ham' - pickled and smoked leg of mutton🙄). Glad to read the new pup has settled in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well ham over turkey, but I do not like mutton ~ at all. Admittedly I haven't eaten it much, so there's that.
      Yes, Zoē is a joy, and so much fun. I laugh every day at her antics!

      Delete
  2. Little Christmas was something my Mom's side of the family celebrated (all from Italy) I was unaware it was a tradition a lot of nationalities celebrated. I just knew my Grandmother would never take her tree down until after 'Little Christmas' and everyone went to church on this day as well.
    I must admit growing up we had Prime Rib for Xmas along with stuff shells and a slew of Italian things. I so love Prime Rib but I'm not a fan of rare so I always took the end piece. But I can not imagine the cost of that today either!!. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have not eaten much prime rib, although I'm sure I would love it! My Mom always roasted turkey or ham for Christmas (which ever one we didn't have at Thanksgiving, haha). Given the cost of beef and chicken, I'm sure prime rib is out of my budget!
      Happy New Year to you two, and may 2024 see an improvement in health for you both!

      Delete
  3. We don't take the tree down till the 6th or probably the 7th. Yes we still have one big church celebration on the 6th and shall be out and about watching the blessing of the waters.
    Happy New Year

    ReplyDelete

Drivers just wanna be first........

 This is my signature meme for drivers, haha.  I remember drivers ed....we've seen the consequences on the highway and streets when peop...