December 21, 2023

World's Greatest Baker competition....

 

I subscribe to Bake From Scratch...it's a really fun magazine if you enjoy baking bread and desserts.  One day I received an invitation to fill out an application for The Greatest Baker competition.  For some crazy reason I filled it out, thinking "no way".  But it doesn't hurt to try, right?  Right. 

To my surprise they accepted my application.  And then the voting began ~ winners are 90% chosen by your friends, family....basically anyone you can convince to vote for you.  I have made it through to the top 10...that was today....and now the voting starts for the top 5.  I really doubt I will win this thing, but so far so good.  If you feel so inclined to vote for me go here....

Now for some cute photos of Zoē:

One of her favorite sleeping positions.  I call this one little-slut-bunny  :-)


 

Sunbeams make a wonderful snoozing place...

Zoē and Demitri do like napping together.  They keep each other company, but not in the morning.  Demitri is very grumpy in the morning, and is prone to snapping and growling.  Once he's up and around, he is ok for the rest of the day.  😀

I have been baking for the last week, and I'm glad I'm done with it.  Cookies, breads.....it's been quite exhausting!  Other than my Grandkids, everyone else is getting stuff I've baked.  My sourdough starter really liked all the attention, haha.

Enjoy your holiday!  I'm still cooking but it will be easy ~ ham, salad, etc.  I can't wait!

Love, 365


6 comments:

  1. Well Dimitri sounds like me in the morning. 😀 I did not bake a lick this holiday season and I needed the break but rather missed it too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I gave away 7 loaves of bread and some jelly I canned. Then I made cookies for giving away. I am taking a few days break from baking since I have a lot of things to do for Christmas dinner. I'm trying the Copycat Honey Baked Ham, which I've always loved but hate the price!

      Delete
  2. Good luck with the baking competition. Heavens, with all the hours you've put in privately and with the Greek team you deserve a gold medal

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, I am happy enough to take a few days break! It was a long week last week. I wish you and yours a Merry Christmas!

      Delete
  3. My computer won't let me comment but apparently my phone will. Voted for you. Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I wonder why you couldn't comment on your computer? I have trouble with it too that's been going on for over a year. Merry Christmas!

      Delete

Drivers just wanna be first........

 This is my signature meme for drivers, haha.  I remember drivers ed....we've seen the consequences on the highway and streets when peop...