December 29, 2013

Ugh.....

Felt like I was in the middle of one of these......

During my teens, I began to have migraine headaches that often made me feel nauseated.   Usually I would sleep them off, after being sick.  I didn't have them often ~ maybe 4 to 6 times a year, but I did visit a Dr, who referred me to a neurologist, who did scans of my brain ~ and didn't find anything (well, I believe my brain was actually present, ha ha).  I always attributed them to hormones.  Since my breast cancer, I have been taking a hormone suppressor, since my tumor relied on estrogen to grow ~ which reduced the number of migranes I'd been having.  I must say, I was happy to leave off on the few migranes I'd been having!  But, now I seem to have vertigo episodes, and lately they've been following exersizing. One happened while taking a yoga class, one when I was learning how to use the foam rollers at the gym for stretching.   The latest was yesterday, following a personal training session.  

Apparently, it's related to motion sickness ~ something I've always had.  Once I got sick in a rowboat on the lake (which is totally ridiculous).  When we drive up the mountain to hike Sandia Peak, I have to drive.  Roller coasters, or other rides at a carnival or theme park?  Forget about it ~ I don't even try.  The one and only time we had the opportunity to go to Disney Land, I let my husband talk me into a ride, which was a mistake.  We had to leave about 15 min later, or I was going to puke all over Mickey.  

I usually take a dose of meclizine to prevent being sick on airplanes (which has worked smashingly, as I haven't been airsick in a long time), but now I'm wondering if I need to take it before I go to the gym.  Or, let my trainer know before we start the next (& last) session.  Let me state for the record, I was excited about the 3 sessions I signed up for until yesterday.....

I suppose I should visit the Dr about checking out this issue, but I may visit my acupuncturist instead.  Maybe she can help, and I really hate taking meds.  Well, gotta go.  Sorry for the whine.....  :-)

Love, 365

4 comments:

  1. Migraines SUCK. I hope you get it figured out and end up being able to continue with the exercise etc...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, turns out the problem is motion sickness, caused by head & eye movements that make me nauseous, so I either do a different exercize or make sure I don't roll my eyes around (ha ha).

      Delete
  2. MY WIFE gets migraines and they SUCK. I'm sorry to hear about the dizziness. I either never get dizzy or am so dizzy all the time that I don't notice it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right, migraines suck the big one.
      As far as dizziness goes, I suppose that's why your hat is so appropriate! I'm sorry to hear your WIFE gets them too. They are just so horribly debilitating ~ I truly have to sleep them off.

      Delete

False spring is over.....

  I took this photo of a ranunculus I bought a few days before.  They are such beautiful flowers ~ so delicate and brightly colored.  I don&...