December 16, 2017

Week wrap up.....

I meant to redo the chalkboard for the seasons, but as you see I've missed
Halloween
Thanksgiving
& now Christmas.....

It has been a rather exhausting week.  I spent most of last weekend studying for my final ~ recall that it was on Tuesday at 7:30am, ugh.  I pulled out my 35 cent blue book and went to work.....it didn't take me very long to finish the exam.  I finished, and looked at my watch which read 8:10.  No one else had turned in their exam yet, so I figured I would go over everything again.  I changed one answer ~ usually a mistake as I note that when I do that my first answer is usually the correct one, but what the heck, I changed my mind.  I added a little bit of jargon to my "short essay".  I reviewed it again, and by 8:30 I decided I didn't care if I was the first to leave, I was done.  I collected the graded essay we turned in the week before, and was surprised to see I made a 96 on it, and happily thought that the grade I needed on the final was now lower to get an A in the course ~ which I did.  So, now I move on.  

*****IF ANYONE IS INTERESTED IN "The Faithful" by James O'Toole, now is the time to say so.  
Please e-mail me at nmhiker56@icloud.com saying you're.....interested.   I will mail it out to you.  The book itself is not worth more than 10 or 15 bucks, just in case you're thinking it might be valuable.  The value is in the story, not the item.  If more than one person is interested, I'll do a drawing (consisting of names on a piece of paper and drawn out of a hat, haha).  See?  I'm not even requiring that you "follow" me to get your chance........

After the tournament style racquetball game yesterday ~ wow, was that exhausting! ~ I stopped into my neighborhood store and spied a small live "tree" (I think it's an Italian cypress) including a small string of lights and tiny ornaments for $18.  I snapped that up along with my baking necessities.  So, now we have a small ~ make that tiny ~ tree complete with lights and decor.  Still not sure I'm doing much decorating other than that, but it is cheerful and cute.  I still need to mail out a gift, but I need to wrap it first.  I guess I'll take my chances and mail it out on Monday.  I should have just let Amazon deliver it, but it would have been so early.  

Well, I've got a long list of to-do's!  Have a wonderful weekend!
Love, 365



6 comments:

  1. I just started following you. Thank you for you comments on my blog. It seems the holidays swooped in on us this year.
    R

    ReplyDelete
  2. The older I get the faster they swoop! Have a wonderful Christmas and New Year's, Rick.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Drives me insane, Christmas comes on December 25th every damn year, exactly two weeks after my birthday (which, coincidentally is also every year) and I still am never ready for it.
    Bah humbug.

    Glad you did so well on the exam etc, I'm sure it's a relief to be done for awhile.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am very relieved....I need to enjoy my time off since I decided to take 2 classes next semester.

      So, happy birthday in a few days!!! I have a friend who's birthday is ~ as it happnes, it's today ~ who always had her birthday party on June 18 instead. I thought that was smart and clever, I should have done that. 1/20 means it's cold and ugly outside, whereas my sister's birthday in August was always fun and outdoors.

      Delete
  4. I made contact with a friend who had a birthday today. I said, "Bummer, less than 10 days before Christmas." She responded, "Now you know why my name is Carol."

    ReplyDelete

False spring is over.....

  I took this photo of a ranunculus I bought a few days before.  They are such beautiful flowers ~ so delicate and brightly colored.  I don&...