February 3, 2018

Drat.....

Bing images

Yesterday I had two assignments due for my anthropology class.  I had waited until Friday after work to complete them....because you know I procrastinate the hell out of everything.  Especially homework assignments.  While I'm working, my mouse disconnects.  Which happens often.  And drives me mad....... Usually I simply restart the computer, and when it comes back, my mouse is magically reconnected.  Except this time my computer didn't start.  Which led to a phone call to Apple, where a very nice gentleman tried to help, but to no avail.  I had to take it down to the Apple Store for some fixing up.

In the meantime, I borrowed Romeo's computer to finish up my assignments.  Of course, on one assignment I hit the submit button before I had actually downloaded it.  Sheesh.  I was able to send it in a message, which I recently discovered was received and approved.  Double sheesh.

Whereupon my entire computer has to be erased and then reinstalled.  And I discovered that the backup hard drive has not been backing up anything despite my bi-weekly attempts.  

Anyway, after 3 hours (one hour wait time for the "geniuses" to have time for me), and two hours to diagnose and all that other stuff, I finally can head home and start on my paper.  Where I've been half-heartedly working on until now.  I need a break.  

I have to hand it to Apple though.  After 3 hours, and fixing me up they didn't charge me anything.  I think that's incredible in this day and age of charging for everything.  Of course, nothing was broken or irreparable so there's that.  I was fully prepared to buy a new computer if necessary, but the woman who helped me said all seemed fine, and that these things happen sometimes.  She was incredibly patient, not only with me, but with the elderly lady next to me.  If I'd had a PC, I'm sure I would have been charged by the hour for the help I received for free at Apple.  And that's going a long way to keeping me as a customer.

Love, 365

10 comments:

  1. Apple putting that much time into looking your computer over and fixing the glitches at no charge is really impressive, like you said most places are all about the money and not about service, it's nice to hear about a company who cares about their customers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To say that I was surprised just doesn't describe it! Best of all, I'm using it right now. :-)

      Delete
  2. I'm sorry to disappoint you but I have taken my tablet and laptop to the MS store and have had wonderful people help me and not charge me. Same with my Desktop so Apple isn't really God, despite what they tell you. I just got a new desktop 1.5 yrs ago and had some issues recently. I contacted MS and I was on the phone for such a long time, the man helping me was far more patient than I was. All free, and everything worked out. I don't understand why Apple people think they have the hold on this. Perhaps because that is part of Apple's PR. Apple is terrific at their PR. I will never ever be an Apple person but that is only because I love my PC/laptop/tablet. I don't wish to learn new again, too old to learn a new system. However if MS was as bad as Apple folks keep telling me I sure as hell would leave them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Or maybe, it's because I've had Apple computers from the beginning, and don't have experience with PC's. I never called them "God"...I was just surprised that they spent 2 hours working on it, and did not charge me.

      Delete
  3. My wife has constant problems with her laptop. It's about time to take it to a 12 year old to get it cleaned up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the ticket! They seem to have an instinctive knowledge -or- they just aren't afraid they'll screw it up like us adults. :-)

      Delete
  4. Just found your blog. I a computer idiot but blessed to live with a college student (for now) who takes pleasure as he regularly embarrasses me while fixing my errors. He's an apple/iphone guy and I'm a samsung PC gal, and we harass each other to death, but I dont think either is superior to the other, except for Macs in the graphics department. If youre into publishing you almost gotta have a mac.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome!...to this crazy blog :-). Our first computer was an Apple, and we've just stuck with them.....I've always felt they were more user friendly. Or, as I mentioned above, I just don't have any experience with PC's, except at work (although I'm not sure that really counts because we use dental software). I do love Microsoft word, though.

      Thanks for stopping in!

      Delete
  5. Computers are the classic love hate relationship.

    ReplyDelete

Drivers just wanna be first........

 This is my signature meme for drivers, haha.  I remember drivers ed....we've seen the consequences on the highway and streets when peop...