February 23, 2018

When you have a week of awkwardness......

Bing images

A week or so I wrote about being surprised that I was to be the recipient of a "gasp" raise at work.  This, at a place that is infamous for not giving raises.  Many of the long time employees at work (7+ years) are now entering 5 years without a raise.

It seems that this is the time of year everyone "suddenly" realizes they haven't had a raise for another year.  They are upset and angry, and who can blame them?  On the anniversary of my first year at this office I walked into the OM's office and asked for a raise, and told her I would be here in this chair every year asking, because I did go 5 years without a raise back in the day ~ I vowed I wouldn't ever do that again.  So forwarned is forearmed or something like that.

As it is in many work places, there is that one person....you know the one?  We have one.  She's loud. She stirs things up by ranting.  She purposely sews discord....like the times she rubbed in the face of us hourly employees that she's paid a salary and the issues we were having were not a problem for her.  Every freaking year she's on the rampage about raises.  Says she asks for all of us, you know, because she's so generous, haha.  Did I mention she's loud???  So this year instead of asking for a raise, she applied for other jobs, and was offered one.  She said she was offered a higher rate of pay, and that her insurance would be covered 100% (which was where I knew she was spinning it, because only a select few have their insurance covered at that rate ~ and never at a dental office).  Her meeting with one of the Docs was Tues night and made her pitch.  She didn't ask for much (she told me what she asked for) but was told there would be no raise.  And despite all of that, she called that dentist yesterday and declined his offer, presumably because she had another interview and would prefer their office to the previous one.

She hasn't been offered that job yet.  But she turned down the raise that's so important?  And the supposed generous insurance coverage?  I think she's not being very truthful (pants on fire) and was trying to manipulate the Doc's.  Who, thankfully saw right through that.  It's my opinion they are hoping she will accept another job.

I hope the awkward issues are smoothed over a little bit over the weekend.  And truthfully in a totally selfish way, I hope she stays, because I don't want her job.

Looking forward to the weekend and a break from the craziness......
Love, 365

4 comments:

  1. We had I guy I hated for many reasons. One year we had cut backs and he was let go...led him out screaming and in tears while many of us silently cheered. After a few days we all kinda (almost) missed him, as we had no one to bitch about and hate.

    Is that wrong?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, no, I don't think that's wrong. One of the things that makes us human is the camaraderie of disliking an obnoxious coworker. haha

      Delete
  2. Oh yes we all have worked with "that person" they to me are more trouble than they are worth, and I am sure if your person gets offered another job and takes it that your work experience will be much more relaxed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wellll, it won't really, because I don't want her job, and I know I will be transferred to her position. I suppose just not having her around will be good and perhaps I can make some changes in how things are done making it better. The worst part is I'll lose my view of the outside, which I really love.

      If she isn't offered the position she interviewed for, my guess is she'll stick around.

      Delete

Shall we go crazy? Yes, I think we shall.......

 There are a lot of things on my mind lately.  One of them is my upcoming colonoscopy.  Which I don't want.   I had one scheduled last f...