February 16, 2018

Lost and found.....or not

Well, I haven't found it yet......(Bing images)

We've all lost stuff before.  A favorite pen.  One earring.  A library book.  And usually if we search for long enough, we find it.  Maybe it fell between the couch cushions, or under the seat of the car.  But sometimes we think we've found a clever place to put something, only later (sometimes much later) we can't recall where that clever place is.

Such it is with my old iPod.  I've put it somewhere.  I've looked in all the places I thought I'd put it.  I've found other stuff....like the original box for my watch, old papers I need to shred, straps to stuff that I don't recall what they go to, and decided I don't need anymore.  

It's in fabulous shape, because I like to take care of my stuff.  I know I didn't give it away, it was a very old model that I believe wasn't very popular.  I liked it because it was small and square and I could easily tuck it into my pocket, which I did while walking the dog.  (And I didn't lose it in a park, I would have noticed if it fell out since it was attached to my ears with the ear buds). Today I gave up on finding it.  Romeo figures that once I give up and buy one I'll find it pronto, and he's probably right.  But I didn't want to buy a newer model, which takes a different type of charger plug, and wouldn't fit into my charger/speaker/radio contraption that I already had.  It was great to find the same iPod on eBay.  Inexpensive.  Will get here next week.  I figure I'll find my old one this weekend.  Sort of a Murphy's Law thing.

Love, 365

6 comments:

  1. You will find it in the last place you look.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, yes, one of the somethingisms I really detest, regardless of its truth. Rather like the social nicety of exclaiming "have a nice day!" during a blizzard. :-)

      Delete
  2. Oh how I hate when this happens. I distinctly remember putting "it" somewhere so I'd remember. Then I don't remember. How can I remember things from 1986 and yet I do things like this? I'm sure you have done it but look in your car, between the seats and the floor. I hope by now you have found it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sadly, I have not! I was talking about it to a friend, and suddenly remembered the gym bag I used for awhile and is now sitting in the closet...which great anticipation I looked through it (found some undies and socks I forgot about) but no iPod. I think I'm going to give up on looking for awhile since the replacement will be here on Thursday. Maybe I left it at the gym? Who knows. But, really it is annoying!

      Delete
  3. I have missing library book. I remember seeing and putting it "somewhere", it's a book on tshirt quilting and I wanted to scan a couple of the pages before returning. It's now so far over due that I owe for the book itself, and I know, I just know that it is SOMEWHERE in my house. They tell me if I find it they will refund the money so I guess it's time to bit the bullet and pay the 20 bucks for the darned thing! Blessedly, except for lost books my library has eliminated late fees. Whew!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can relate! I have received the iPod I ordered but have yet to find mine. And mine is in much better shape. The hunt continues.....

      Delete

False spring is over.....

  I took this photo of a ranunculus I bought a few days before.  They are such beautiful flowers ~ so delicate and brightly colored.  I don&...