February 12, 2018

Playing hooky........

Telling secrets....

Just having come off a hellish week where I had two papers due, I decided I needed a mental health break from class.  Yep......I skipped it.  Based on the last four weeks, I can pretty well guarantee that I didn't miss much.  Monday's he mostly lectures, but what's funny is he basically recycles it all on Wednesday.  I've spent half the day catching up on reading, and I'm still not done.  As soon as I wrap this up, I'll be back at it.  Reading that is.

What really blows is how much reading he assigns.  This week it's only about 45 pages.  The week before that it was nearly 100.  And this is only half of what I have to read.  History is fairly straight forward, Stone Age Europe is more challenging.  SAE is delving into Neandertals and DNA and how much of theirs is ours.  Which turns out to be an average of 2.5%.  Some people have more, like Romeo, who is German, British, Swedish....in other words, northeastern European.  Which mean his ancestors from oh, 6 or 7 thousand years ago.  He's sporting 7% of those genes, which explains a lot, hahaha.  I haven't done my 23 & Me testing yet, but I'll have to do that soon, now I'm curious.  

So, that's it.  I got nothin else today, and I still have 50 pages to read.
Have a great week, y'all....
Love, 365

7 comments:

  1. I like reading, except when it was assigned.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep. I probably truly enjoy 1 out of every ten reading assignments.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything you've had to say about going back to school tells me that I've made the right choice in refusing to do so.
    ugh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, sometimes it's really fun, but like many things there's a dark side. But now there's a light at the end of the tunnel as I hope to graduate this year. And it's really not for everyone. Especially at my age. I recently got notice from UNM they have a "late bloomer" scholarship.....which I'm too late to take advantage of. :-/

      Delete
  4. I like the photo today. Is that you?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes it is! This is an outdoor garden at the Governors Palace, which is now a museum.

    ReplyDelete

Drivers just wanna be first........

 This is my signature meme for drivers, haha.  I remember drivers ed....we've seen the consequences on the highway and streets when peop...