June 2, 2018

Woo hoo, it's the weekend.....



It's Saturday, my favorite day ~ the weekend is just beginning, the possibilities are endless.  Right.......

This week I plan to start the "Clean 20" diet, so for 20 days you eat the foods on the list.  Basically it's an elimination of processed foods, no alcohol or soda, etc.  It shouldn't be too difficult to do, since we don't eat a lot of processed foods anyway.  AND it's not forever, it's a 20 day thing.   I'll let ya know how it goes.....

It's heating up here in New Mexico, summer is here ~ and due to our serious drought we have high fire danger and a fire in Ute Park which has reached 16,000 acres. 


We had rain two weeks ago, but it was hard and fast and ran off instead of soaking in.  As usual, all New Mexicans pray for rain.  Many of the forests and other recreational places have been closed.  I hope that the state officials ban fireworks this year for the 4th of July......

I bought some small paintbrushes for my massive painting project, and plan to give them a try today.  This kit is a nightmare, but I hope I will be able to finish it this summer.  This is another "we'll see!".  I wish I had started a quilt project instead, but I'm worried that the paints will dry up if I set it aside.

I also have my free class on the Giza plateau and I need to work on that today too.  It has been so interesting.....tomb raiding apparently started immediately and was carried out by those that built the tombs, and in some cases priests removed jewelry and other valuables before the tomb was sealed.  I am not surprised, are you?  

From: Egypt in the Age of the Pyramids



Well off and running ~ enjoy your weekend!

Love, 365

***The course has provided us with a link to a 3D rendering of the Giza complex....go here if you want to explore.






2 comments:

  1. Sounds like the tomb builders and priests didn't have much fear of the wrath of the gods. Maybe even 4,800 years ago they realized there was nothing there to be afraid of.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tomb builders were likely just looking to increase their bottom line, but on the priests the speculation was that yes......it's not necessary because resurrection isn't gonna happen. We might have better technology (although that's somewhat debatable) but at our core we are still the same as our cave living relatives.

      Delete

Drivers just wanna be first........

 This is my signature meme for drivers, haha.  I remember drivers ed....we've seen the consequences on the highway and streets when peop...